Ring of Brodgar Wiki

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Ring of Brodgar Wiki

Postby ricky » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:31 pm

Iva wrote:Since it is now important not to spend a lot of EXP during study curiosities, can somebody please add in the curiosity table two columns that represents LP/Hour/Size/EXP and LP/Hour/Weight/EXP ?

I added an EXP category, LP/Hour/EXP category, and a LP/EXP category to the curiosity table.
The LP/Hour/Size/EXP + LP/Hour/Weight/EXP are super specific and i dont think you would get useful numbers from that calculation.

E: These numbers wont be calculated until each page is individually viewed/refreshed, so dont worry, the numbers will appear eventually

MagicManICT wrote:The table needs to be cleaned up if more columns are added. Maybe a second EXP table for those that really need the information?

Does the page really need a separate list of crafted curios when they're already included in the "all curios" table? Otherwise, why not have a third table of "foraged curios," too, where the extra information is listed, such as EXP*PER and Terrain. These columns could be dropped from the "All" list. (Might need a new tag/category/subcategory added to these item pages.)

I also removed the PER*EXP category and the Terrain found category, because they only apply to the foragable curiosities
I also removed the crafted curio table.

Ysh wrote:
MagicManICT wrote:Does the page really need a separate list of crafted curios when they're already included in the "all curios" table?

I think this table is useful. Usual it is easier to attain many quantity of crafted curiosity than other type. So I can look here for some ''bread and butter'' type items.

I decided to remove the above items because they can be found on the main curiosity page, not the curiosity table.

if anyone has any input or opinions on the matter, please speak up.
Have a question? Need help? Tired of people asking questions? Haven and Hearth Wiki.
jorb wrote:Ideally the game should play itself.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
ricky

Postby ApocalypsePlease » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:08 am

borka wrote:RoB Wiki has a new admin:ricky has agreed to take some burden on his shoulders

With that being said I like to believe that RoB is in a good place. I will take my leave, if I'm needed just contact TeckX (he has my skype). Otherwise I have good faith ricky will serve everyone well.
Bye for now :)
Inactive
ApocalypsePlease

Postby Iva » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:02 am

ricky wrote:The LP/Hour/Size/EXP + LP/Hour/Weight/EXP are super specific and i dont think you would get useful numbers from that calculation.

Only these numbers will show the efficiency of curio more fully than just LP/Hour/EXP, so they more useful (LP/EXP not useful at all). LP/Hour/Weight/EXP more useful for characters with low INT when size doesn't matter, LP/Hour/Size/EXP more useful for characters wit high INT when weight doesn't matter.Try to choose the most effective set of curiosities for you current character, which would give a decent amount of LP / hour and at the same time would spend EXP as little as possible. It can not be done without taking into account weight or size.
Iva

Postby ricky » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:14 pm

ApocalypsePlease wrote:
borka wrote:RoB Wiki has a new admin:ricky has agreed to take some burden on his shoulders

With that being said I like to believe that RoB is in a good place. I will take my leave, if I'm needed just contact TeckX (he has my skype). Otherwise I have good faith ricky will serve everyone well.
Bye for now :)

Bye Apocalypse! I'll try my best to take care of things while you're gone.

Iva wrote:
ricky wrote:The LP/Hour/Size/EXP + LP/Hour/Weight/EXP are super specific and i dont think you would get useful numbers from that calculation.

Only these numbers will show the efficiency of curio more fully than just LP/Hour/EXP, so they more useful (LP/EXP not useful at all). LP/Hour/Weight/EXP more useful for characters with low INT when size doesn't matter, LP/Hour/Size/EXP more useful for characters wit high INT when weight doesn't matter.Try to choose the most effective set of curiosities for you current character, which would give a decent amount of LP / hour and at the same time would spend EXP as little as possible. It can not be done without taking into account weight or size.

Well, you seem to have pretty solid reasoning behind it, so I added them.
Do, however note: the order which the calculated category reads is exactly how its calculated. By this I mean
LP/HR/WT/EXP is calculated as LP divided by time divided by weight divided by experience
and I changed your LP/HR/SIZE/EXP calculation to LP/HR/EXP/SIZE, just so it doesnt do weird multiplication before it finishes diving.
Have a question? Need help? Tired of people asking questions? Haven and Hearth Wiki.

ricky

Postby Iva » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:52 pm

Iva wrote:I added them.

Many thanks. :)
Iva

Postby borka » Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:43 pm

ApocalypsePlease wrote:Bye for now :)

Bye - thank you!
Java 8 - manually downloads - good to check for actual versions url here:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40331
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head Feed your head
borka

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:05 pm

What would be the best way to set up some categories for things like "any leaf" "GardenSalad Greens" "Any meat" etc? Just add category pages and tag pages with it at the end of any categories they fit? Add something to the infobox?

Would be nice to know what counts for what in crafting recipes. I either didn't know or had forgotten stinging nettles counted as garden err salad greens for food recipes.

edit: got menu list confused with the recipe category. derp

2nd edit: I'm talking about doing it in a meaningful way so that recipes and pages auto-update, and not having to manually edit it in.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby ricky » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:34 pm

MagicManICT wrote:What would be the best way to set up some categories for things like "any leaf" "GardenSalad Greens" "Any meat" etc? Just add category pages and tag pages with it at the end of any categories they fit? Add something to the infobox?

Would be nice to know what counts for what in crafting recipes. I either didn't know or had forgotten stinging nettles counted as garden err salad greens for food recipes.

edit: got menu list confused with the recipe category. derp

2nd edit: I'm talking about doing it in a meaningful way so that recipes and pages auto-update, and not having to manually edit it in.

I think the easiest way to do it would be similar to the http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Finer_Plant_Fibre page, where Objects required are listed, then objects Required by are automatically listed.

There's probably a way to state "X food [[requires:: Any Greens]]" and have the infobox list every item in that category, but that might be a bit cumbersome considering recipes such as "any meat" or "any berry" could potentially list dozens of items in the infobox.

ricky

Postby ricky » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:37 pm

Revamped the Metal Bar and Metal Nugget pages. basically every page needs new pictures now, however. some Metal bar pages need quality info.

E: I also moved the old Legacy page to the main Quality page, and moved the old Tri quality page somewhere else. if anyone wants to clean up the Quality page, be my guest
An old copy of the legacy quality page has been preserved on the Legacy:Quality page aswell, so dont worry too much about that

stuff we still need:
List of pages that needs added/updated
Bar of Copper
Bar of Gold
Bar of Hard Metal
Bar of Silver
Bar of Tin

Basically every Metal Nugget page
Battaxe of the Twelfth Bay
Sheep + cow + mixed curds
Candle
Candelabrum
Clothier's Thimble
Cutthroat Knuckles
Finery Forge
Merchant's Ring
Runestone
Silk Filament
Sledgehammer
Smithy's Hammer
Wind Windsown Weed
Winerack
Probably more.

putting in a formal requests for the citizens of the hearthlands to acquire an ingame picture of:
Sheep (preferably male, female, and baby) (if someone could provide a list of adult butcher components I would be thankful)
Pig (preferably male, female, and baby) (if someone could provide a list of adult butcher components I would be thankful)
Mallard Drake (if someone could provide a list of butcher components I would be thankful)
Mallard Hen (if someone could provide a list of butcher components I would be thankful)
Mammoth
Emerald Dragonfly
Frog
Bear
If someone could provide me a list of Walrus butcher compnents I would be thankful.

Here's a list of inventory Items That we need pictures for
Fresh Walrus Hide
Dried Walrus Hide
Walrus cape + Stat info
Raw Wildhorse
Fresh Red Deer Hide
all Duck Parts - this includes dead ducks
All Cow Butcherables (fresh hide, dried hide, raw + cooked meat)
All horse Butcherables (fresh hide, dried hide, raw + cooked meat)
All pig butcherables (fresh hide, dried hide, raw + cooked meat)
Almond
Great Wax Seal
Quince (tree + fruit)
Withercorn (Bush + fruit)
Every Spitroast meat
Every Metal Bar and Metal Nugget inventory picture needs updated
Probably more that i dont want to list until this page is completed

Please either post pictures here, or pm them to me.

ricky

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:41 am

ricky wrote:I think the easiest way to do it would be similar to the http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Finer_Plant_Fibre page, where Objects required are listed, then objects Required by are automatically listed.

There's probably a way to state "X food [[requires:: Any Greens]]" and have the infobox list every item in that category, but that might be a bit cumbersome considering recipes such as "any meat" or "any berry" could potentially list dozens of items in the infobox.

I was thinking more along the lines of some sort of category tag or something so that we just add something like [[Category: Finer Plant Fibre]] and then any recipe that uses this would show the category page. We can then manage these per item rather than making sure that it gets added multiple places. As it is, if I look up Stinging Nettle, it doesn't mention that it counts as "Salad Greens," but if I go to the "Salad Greens" page, it's there. I should see it both places but only need to update one page, similar to how skills and required materials populate through other pages now. The question is, is this best done simply by adding categories on each item page and then setting up a category page just to see what they are, or should we tag them in the infobox somehow similar to how the infobox tracks buildings separately from armor?

I agree that getting the wide variety of ingredients to show up in the infobox would be extremely cumbersome to the user, especially when "any berry or fruit" would get dozens of items.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?