Ring of Brodgar Wiki

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Ring of Brodgar Wiki

Postby Spiff » Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:51 pm

http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/

Sorry for the delays in getting this going, there was some discussion regarding future directions on the wiki and I wanted to make sure it was all upgraded and shiny before we went about opening it up.

First things first, thank you to MvGulik and borka for managing the RoB wiki for years and years. They pulled the weight on keeping it up-to-date and vandalism free since it opened and I don't think we can thank them enough.

On the Rob Wiki, I've created a Legacy namespace to move pages to as they start getting updated/replaced with accurate Hafen info. I've got a bot going through and tagging all the old pages with notes signifying this ({{OutdatedPage}}).

If you've got feature requests, please let me know.
Spiff

Re: Ring of Brodgar Wiki

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:02 am

Awesome. Thanks for the continued support of the site, Spiff.

Stickied (for now, at least.)

Edit: If anyone has questions regarding specific topics, try to contain it to a known thread on the topic. I (or another mod) can keep a list updated as they show up. If information doesn't fall under one of those threads, I suppose it can be posted here if it doesn't need it's own thread.

If you know how or are willing to learn how to update a wiki, please make an account and do so. The basics aren't too hard. Nobody is expecting you to make fancy graphics and interfaces. Simple updates are almost as easy as using a word processor. Just make sure the community, generally, agrees with your update before sticking it in there.

Curiosities list and discussion: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=42357

Food: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=42419#p553047

Combat: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40466, (saw another in Inn of Brodgar, but can't find it off hand)

Fishing: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=42118, viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40913&p=550209

Healing & Wounds: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=41703

Lore/Experience: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=41230

Building material colors: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=41353

Re: List of things not implemented from HnH 1: viewtopic.php?f=48&t=40708#p537110

Cave-in Minesweeper: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=43330

Sevenless's Beginners Guide: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40714
Last edited by MagicManICT on Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Sevenless » Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:17 am

I'm in love already
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby jorb » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:46 am

Nice.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby mamotromico » Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:30 am

I'm not sure if I understood. Will legacy content still be accessible if we just edit what have the {{OutdatedPage}} template? Or should we create/move pages somehow?

Since old haven is still online, shouldn't legacy pages still be kept?

Edit: Nevermind, I understood now.
mamotromico

Postby Spiff » Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:47 am

Yeah, sorry if that wasn't clear. Old Haven articles should be moved to Legacy:<Whatever>. The existing articles should then be updated with new info and stuff.
Spiff

Postby mamotromico » Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:50 am

I'm starting already! First time I'm actually contributing to a wiki, but I've been compiling a bunch of info on the game already, so I'm moving pages and will start updating the non-legacy page soon.
mamotromico

Postby Tutch » Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:08 am

Should we add a not on the top of the new pages with the link to the legacy ones? Most people won't search for Legacy: X until they are really used to it.
The factory farm must grow
Tutch

Postby agweber » Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:41 am

Tutch wrote:Should we add a note on the top of the new pages with the link to the legacy ones? Most people won't search for Legacy: X until they are really used to it.

Agreed, it'd be useful to have a flag that we can use to link to the legacy version of a page. But it should be a wiki-wide flag, don't just make up a note to put on top =P
agweber

Postby Tutch » Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:46 am

agweber wrote:
Tutch wrote:Should we add a note on the top of the new pages with the link to the legacy ones? Most people won't search for Legacy: X until they are really used to it.

Agreed, it'd be useful to have a flag that we can use to link to the legacy version of a page. But it should be a wiki-wide flag, don't just make up a note to put on top =P

Agreeding with your agreement. We could use redirect for now. It's really confusing,
The factory farm must grow
Tutch

Next

Return to How do I?