Ring of Brodgar Wiki

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Ring of Brodgar Wiki

Postby vatas » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:59 am

Reyajh wrote:Was wondering why the Terrain data for Bushes was cleared and locked back in Jan 2019? I don't see an explanation here or on the Wiki. Is that still relevant?

Only thing I can think off is the fact that you can transplant bushes, you can never be certain, past the first few hours of the server, that the bush you're seeing in X terrain spawned there naturally.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby mvgulik » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:32 am

Reyajh wrote:Was wondering why the Terrain data for Bushes was cleared and locked back in Jan 2019? I don't see an explanation here or on the Wiki. Is that still relevant?

What?, O that!
For one because it was hardly used. (it only had 2 cave cases (see page history))
Second, ... something to do with "manual table data" vs "subject property" data.
And last, but definitely not least. There seems to be no strict terrain vs bush-type connection, as far as I can tell at least (kinda as with boulders).
And than there is of course also vatas's point.

Ergo: That data is currently deemed not relevant (or useful).

I probably should have just removed that column, and replace it with a related terrain note. (done)
mvgulik

Postby Reyajh » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:56 pm

I see. Because, I have been noticing some definite terrain limitations on some, like for instance Mastic bushes, they are plentiful on many of the terrains on the central continent like Green Brake for instance, but virtually impossible to find on most all of the terrains on the Western Continent. I would think it would become apparent with an extensive survey as to the affinity for a certain terrain over others (vs unnatural transplantation) as, I suspect this is now the case. At least for some. Not that I am willing to commit to conducting such a survey, but I will continue keeping my notes and see what emerges.
Just my .O2... Taste, drink.., like/hate...
Jorb: "Oh, don't you worry. We're gonna take care of the pepper situation!" ¦]
Reyajh

Postby mvgulik » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:13 pm

Its nice to read your observations in this.

Like you said. Its something that would need some more than normal surveying.
Which unfortunately is not something many are willing, or able(available time and such) to do.

Any information can always be added/shared on the wiki talk/discussion, or the wiki personal pages (or in this topic if need be).
mvgulik

Postby vatas » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:29 am

Page called something like "Non-obvious and highly useful control things?" (But titled in more catchy way.)

1. The SHIFT+click to peek through door or cave/dungeon entrance as an eyeball to avoid getting rekt while unable to do anything because of a load screen (link to this part in dungeon pages.)

2. You can move while holding something on your cursor by ALT+clicking (especially useful when holding a firebrand of a torch, and link to this part in said pages.)
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby mvgulik » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:08 pm

vatas wrote:You can move while holding something on your cursor by ALT+clicking

Have you actually checked that against the official/default HnH client :!: :?:
mvgulik

Postby vatas » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:42 pm

mvgulik wrote:
vatas wrote:You can move while holding something on your cursor by ALT+clicking

Have you actually checked that against the official/default HnH client :!: :?:

Nope, I just assumed that it's not something that Custom Client could change.

EDIT: I had to log into default for some other stuff and remembered this, it does work.

vatas

Postby Reyajh » Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:32 am

I noticed for 2 days now the wiki is down and it has been going down a lot lately... Is it monetary needs?
Just my .O2... Taste, drink.., like/hate...
Jorb: "Oh, don't you worry. We're gonna take care of the pepper situation!" ¦]
Reyajh

Postby shubla » Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:41 am

Reyajh wrote:I noticed for 2 days now the wiki is down and it has been going down a lot lately... Is it monetary needs?

I think the wiki is quite lightweight and its usage is currently not so high so it's unlikely to be caused because of any performance issues. Likely problems on your part. (or who knows if the server is located in some wardrobe and sometimes rats go bite the cable?)
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby mvgulik » Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:27 am

Reyajh wrote:I noticed for 2 days now the wiki is down and it has been going down a lot lately... Is it monetary needs?

Suggest you check your connection. I for one have not seen any RoB outages recently myself.
mvgulik

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?