Ring of Brodgar Wiki

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Ring of Brodgar Wiki

Postby mvgulik » Mon May 10, 2021 8:28 pm

vatas wrote:Was there some easy way of getting in-game icons to the wiki without having to take screenshots?

No icon screenshots please! (if possible. but some res-names are kinda evasive)

Use HnH Image-server base-url "http://www.havenandhearth.com/mt/r/" + related item path name "gfx/invobjs/clay-acre" == Image (Or Click me] + Save image + Upload at RoB)

Note 1: No image extension with res-path/name.
Note 2: The trick is of course ... to know the right res-path/name.

Note 3: Try to not use RoB,s [Tools => Upload image] for new images if possible. Better to use a temporary "[[file:target-name.ext]]" link to go to the "upload page" (previewed of course). That way the target RoB destination image-page name is locked (when creating a new image-page).
Last edited by mvgulik on Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
mvgulik

Stuff I've figured but don't know where to put part 002

Postby vatas » Fri May 21, 2021 4:25 pm

"Production and Processing" and "Workstations and Utilities" may seem like two redundant or arbitrary categories, but there's solid logic between the division.

"Production and Processing" objects tend to have inventory you can put/take things in/from. In case of Dream Catcher and Beehive, you need to right-click them to harvest product.

"Workstations and Utilities" seem to exclusively consist of object that you "mount" to be able to perform certain crafts. Doing so, recipe will take the workstation's quality into account.

Drying Frame arguably belongs to "Production and Processing" and Rope Walk into "Workstations and Utilities" but they are both under "Buildings and Constructions" -menu. This generally makes sense as they can't be lifted, but Extraction Press, which also can't be lifted, is still in "Workstations and Utilities."
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby shubla » Sun May 23, 2021 9:14 pm

Sad to see the wiki dying as no one just adds the new stuff, I try to contribute things when I find them but I don't find new things often.

Or maybe it has always been like this, the wiki dragging behind many years but its just more noticeable now with more updates?

I hope the community would stand up and contribute to wiki, its very selfish to keep every single mechanic that you find secret to gain benefit for yourself or whatever.
Maybe there should be some guides on how to contribute into wiki if that's the matter instead of selfishness..
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Sevenless » Sun May 23, 2021 9:57 pm

shubla wrote:Sad to see the wiki dying as no one just adds the new stuff, I try to contribute things when I find them but I don't find new things often.

Or maybe it has always been like this, the wiki dragging behind many years but its just more noticeable now with more updates?

I hope the community would stand up and contribute to wiki, its very selfish to keep every single mechanic that you find secret to gain benefit for yourself or whatever.
Maybe there should be some guides on how to contribute into wiki if that's the matter instead of selfishness..

Myself and several people who've tried to commit over the years were met with some general hostility from people more involved. We stopped bothering.

That said: I really do feel it's the pace of development. A game that constantly revises old mechanics and invalidating (or even making harmful) old information is exhausting to keep up with as a volunteer.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby The_Lich_King » Tue May 25, 2021 1:54 pm

I think we need to change some of the types of terrains certain trees can spawn on in the wiki. Searched for more than an hour on Beach Grove, Root Bosk, and Leaf Patch and never saw a Mulberry, but saw one the very second i found Cloud Range. I don't think Root Bosk, Beach Grove, and Leaf Patch are presently terrains they can spawn on.
Ysh wrote: I think you are jordancoles. You saying this for throwing off of track to make me thinking I am jordancoles.

Onep wrote: If I had to choose between drowning you and savoring every moment as your face desperately gasps for air beneath the brine or saving the planet, I'd choose you everytime.
The_Lich_King

Postby synntax33 » Tue May 25, 2021 4:14 pm

The_Lich_King wrote:I think we need to change some of the types of terrains certain trees can spawn on in the wiki. Searched for more than an hour on Beach Grove, Root Bosk, and Leaf Patch and never saw a Mulberry, but saw one the very second i found Cloud Range. I don't think Root Bosk, Beach Grove, and Leaf Patch are presently terrains they can spawn on.

This could be the case, would need some testing. Also, it could be a form or limiting, I have noticed some people cut down trees (plane, mulberry) to limit others access.
synntax33

Postby The_Lich_King » Tue May 25, 2021 4:19 pm

synntax33 wrote:
The_Lich_King wrote:I think we need to change some of the types of terrains certain trees can spawn on in the wiki. Searched for more than an hour on Beach Grove, Root Bosk, and Leaf Patch and never saw a Mulberry, but saw one the very second i found Cloud Range. I don't think Root Bosk, Beach Grove, and Leaf Patch are presently terrains they can spawn on.

This could be the case, would need some testing. Also, it could be a form or limiting, I have noticed some people cut down trees (plane, mulberry) to limit others access.

I travelled for almost 2 hours over Leaf Patch, Root Bosk, and Leaf Patch and never saw any.... that would be a incredible feat of clearing, and immediately after i found cloud range i found mulberry. You'd expect if people cleared their immediate neighborhood they would also clear out the Mulberry on the Cloud Range... I really feel, it was too far and too long for it to be the case of a clearer or even multiple clearers.
Ysh wrote: I think you are jordancoles. You saying this for throwing off of track to make me thinking I am jordancoles.

Onep wrote: If I had to choose between drowning you and savoring every moment as your face desperately gasps for air beneath the brine or saving the planet, I'd choose you everytime.
The_Lich_King

Postby mvgulik » Tue May 25, 2021 5:49 pm

Although my actual playing time has nose dropped to the floor. I locally mark(ed) tree vs terrain cases based on how meany I generally see. (so not necessary based on a full scan of a give terrain patch)

Something like:
- 0 / None.
- 1 / Just a few. (some trees might just be rare for some terrains)
- 2 / Generally more than just a few.
- 3 / Definitely Loaded.

One option I have not explored/added to that is to mark newly growing trees.
- 9 / Spotted spawning.

The potential for some unseen user activity is always a potential concern.
But applying rules like "Seeing a apparent missing tree-case the moment one walks onto some nearby other terrain-type" should limit that potential-user-action uncertainty.
Or for growing trees. One can check to see if inspecting it gives some quality info. None user-planted trees don't do that (last I checked this was before w13 though).

The problem at RoB is that any additional marking info is kinda lost. Making it somewhat of a never ending story.
I don't plan on creating or maintaining a table for additional data on this on Rob. But one option could be that users that maintain such data. Drop it in, or use, a google docs spreadsheet (preferably using the same general setup), And drop there link to it in a common location on RoB. That way one has at least some raw data to compare, check and fall back on.

(Darn. Hardcore Sarge keeps kicking my ass. lol)
mvgulik

Postby vatas » Tue May 25, 2021 7:16 pm

Recently, I made rather big overhauls to following pages, curious to what other people think of them:

http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Wilderness_Beacon
http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Brazier
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby VDZ » Tue May 25, 2021 7:54 pm

mvgulik wrote:One option I have not explored/added to that is to mark newly growing trees.
- 9 / Spotted spawning.

Tree 'spawning' is unrelated to terrain and simply depends on nearby trees. The region where I live is devoid of Apple Trees, but I planted a bunch myself, and a new Apple Tree grew naturally near my planted Apple Trees.
VDZ

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?