Ring of Brodgar Wiki

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Ring of Brodgar Wiki

Postby WowGain » Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:34 pm

mvgulik wrote:
mvgulik wrote:I take it there is no interest in the Tree vs Terrain data collection method described here.

Roger that. Canning it, due to lack of interest.

If you want to know what the wiki actually needs, it's not spending weeks or months on making pictures of trees look nice, it's actually adding information about new content in the game that is entirely missing (when I added the content from the bird updates last world they had been out for months before I was the one to add it in), and correcting the immense amount of misinformation present.

The misinfo there either because of patches that have changed how systems work that the wiki hasn't recorded, or simply misinformation that was bad info in the first place and never accurately described the game system at hand.
Pages that have to do with things like siege mechanics are full to the brim of all three of these major problems, and many later industries in the game suffer the same treatment on the wiki.
W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

Postby mvgulik » Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:43 pm

WowGain wrote:If you want to know what (I think) the wiki actually needs.

Who? me! From you! No, not in the least.

But maybe someone else at RoB might.
So I create a "External RoB Complaints" page for you to dump links in to post like yours. Who knows, it might work.
mvgulik

Postby WowGain » Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:40 am

mvgulik wrote:So I create a "External RoB Complaints" page for you to dump links in to post like yours. Who knows, it might work.

brilliant idea Milli Vanilli, I decided that page might as well be the site for documenting mine and Ricky's new project, since its just an application of what I suggested in that very post.
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
WowGain

Postby mvgulik » Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:14 pm

WowGain wrote:
mvgulik wrote:So I create a "External RoB Complaints" page for you to dump links in to post like yours. Who knows, it might work.

brilliant idea Milli Vanilli, I decided that page might as well be the site for documenting mine and Ricky's new project, since its just an application of what I suggested in that very post.

It seems to me that that would be a title vs content mismatch in the making, which to me seem just some other kind of misinformation form.
As you seem to be an apparent strong advocate against misinformation, I wonder how you look at that yourself?

Perhaps I also should remind you that MediaWiki comes with a dedicated personal namespace where users can create personal MW/RoB related pages (in there local user-name-space) to their heart's content.
mvgulik

Postby mvgulik » Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:47 pm

As Spiff's notice on RoB did not show up as intended.

... RoB is being migrating to a new host. ...

As such RoB is in read-only mode until the migration is done/successful.
mvgulik

Postby WowGain » Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:47 am

mvgulik wrote:As you seem to be an apparent strong advocate against misinformation, I wonder how you look at that yourself?

I guess you'll just have to ask someone who understands English a bit better to try and explain it to you
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
WowGain

Postby mvgulik » Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:57 am

WowGain wrote:
mvgulik wrote:As you seem to be an apparent strong advocate against misinformation, I wonder how you look at that yourself?

I guess you'll just have to ask someone who understands English a bit better to try and explain it to you

Well in that case these is no need for me to see or read you post either. Welcome on my ignore list.
mvgulik

Postby mvgulik » Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:15 am

mvgulik wrote:As Spiff's notice on RoB did not show up as intended.

... RoB is being migrating to a new host. ...

As such RoB is in read-only mode until the migration is done/successful.

The migration was not directly successful.
A new attempt will be made by Spiff when he has more free time to dig into it.
(editing on current RoB re-enabled)
mvgulik

Postby ogey » Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:42 am

yikes
ogey

Postby mvgulik » Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:43 am

Don't worry.
Migrating a wiki is kinda like making a backup. A failure to backup will not effect the original data/wiki.
mvgulik

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?