Little-Known Pro-Tips Thread - Now up to 113 Tips!

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Little-Known Pro-Tips Thread - Now up to 113 Tips!

Postby Liamo360Gbuz » Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:06 am

You can catch magpies easily by raiding a birds nest, tanking the first magpie hit. Make it fly away a little bit then start to raid again. Just as it is about to come back into melee range of you, stop raiding. You can then if you are quick, walk straight up to it and pick it up.
Swedge
Liamo360Gbuz

Postby bitza » Thu May 14, 2020 9:45 am

to easily collect bee larvae for your first beehives, just start raiding hives. if bees agro you, immediately run away and escape combat. don't try to fight them or continue raiding that hive, move on to the next one. eventually you'll find a beehive that has no bees to attack you and you'll get the contents for free (it seems to me about 1 in 4 hives don't have bees to attack you)
Karede wrote: It takes a special kind of autism to play this game
bitza

Postby bitza » Sun May 17, 2020 8:13 pm

mole hide turns to leather faster than other things so this can be good to know if you're doing an early world rush for palisade
Karede wrote: It takes a special kind of autism to play this game
bitza

Postby Oddity » Mon May 18, 2020 2:25 am

bitza wrote:mole hide turns to leather faster than other things so this can be good to know if you're doing an early world rush for palisade

I had no idea :o
jadamkaz wrote:ah i remember my run in with odditown they are good ppl im sure the only reason they killed ME is because they are troll hunters and i was a troll
Oddity

Postby vatas » Mon May 18, 2020 3:25 pm

If you're playing solo (especially with single character) make plenty of http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Material_Account with critical materials like leather so that if you die, you can re-learn them immediately with the reincarnated character.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby MagicManICT » Mon May 18, 2020 10:40 pm

vatas wrote:If you're playing solo (especially with single character) make plenty of http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Material_Account with critical materials like leather so that if you die, you can re-learn them immediately with the reincarnated character.

Just to note: you don't get the LP when being taught by another hearthling or using material accounts. Thought I'd mention this since this is mostly aimed at new players who might not know the details and get annoyed by missing that trade off. For important crafts, I think the trade off is worth it to not have to wait on any given cycle to finish processing for some critical items (say like a metal nugget, leather, etc.) that can then be used to generate more discoveries or allow you to get back to doing your business immediately.

Some tags: discovery, death, recovery, crafting
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Roxaereon » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:17 am

Ants wrote:Flags can be used as makeshift wall posters.

They don't make good wallpaper due to blocking the view from certain angles, though.

Nice room.
World 10 - Villager - STK
World 11 - Lawspeaker - Krysaro
World 12 - Lawspeaker - Neimrahava
Roxaereon

Postby Gustyboy » Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:12 pm

When you did'nt harvest your Dream Catcher for a few hours, you can harvest them twice in a row.
Gustyboy

Postby friendlinzh » Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:51 pm

as a newbie or returning player without tools and stuff, you should collect the trash piles found in beaches.
friendlinzh

Postby vatas » Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:36 pm

friendlinzh wrote:as a newbie or returning player without tools and stuff, you should collect the trash piles found in beaches.

Sounds obvious but this should be emphasized to new players. Previous world (w11) I found q600+ turnip from one, which was a big deal for someone who returned to otherwise below q100 crops.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?