How do I install the game?

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: How do I install the game?

Postby vatas » Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:22 pm

Tirehtööri wrote:an actual real person having issues with the game here. been trying to get it to work but my java seems to freak out no matter what version I'm using (closes the second I open the autohaven file), anyone can try to help?

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=74001

Try this, Default Client has history of simply not working (or refusing to give any kind of error message.)

(You don't need to use any of the bots, the client should work the same for "manual" play as Default Client but with some polish and additional bells and whistles.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby noindyfikator » Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:13 pm

I strongly advice you to write your own client, that's the best approach over there.
W3 - W10 - Hermit / small plots with spruces
W11 - The Friend Zone
W12 - KoA aka Kingdom of Ashes
W13 - Monke
W14 - Alpaca Farm aka Animal Planet
W15 - Whatever Bay - The Greatest Siege Defense Victory in Haven History - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhyUveSeZ0Q
noindyfikator

Postby alexroy73 » Wed Mar 01, 2023 6:36 pm

Slaire13 wrote:I am wanting the play the game but everytime I click the big play button at the top it always downloads a file called autohaven and I don't know what to do with it, please help.
Without knowing which game or platform you're referring to, I can't provide specific guidance on how to resolve the issue you're experiencing.
alexroy73

Previous

Return to How do I?