zebratul's Fighting/Taming Guide for new players (18.02.19)

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: zebratul's Fighting/Taming Guide for new players (18.02.

Postby Flameturtle » Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:07 am

MagicManICT wrote:Also, thanks for pointing this out. Some of the guide writers haven't played in a while or haven't updated their posts, and I try to get to them when folks point out issues. I've updated the first post.

I'll be back for W13! Will make sure my guide gets updated again
Flamturtle's Haven & Hearth 2.0 Combat Guide! http://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40466 - Remade for its 5th Anniversary!
PM to Contact.
Flameturtle

Postby banok » Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:04 pm

Yeah there should really be clear clarification on wiki or somewhere how the current death mechanics work, its not completely clear in previous posts and is quite an important thing.
banok

Postby Sevenless » Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:49 pm

banok wrote:Yeah there should really be clear clarification on wiki or somewhere how the current death mechanics work, its not completely clear in previous posts and is quite an important thing.

Aren't too many of us who enjoy dealing with the wiki. Hard to keep updated in a game which revises mechanics frequently. I have trouble keeping the last 6 world's mechanic sets straight sometimes.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:13 pm

Flameturtle wrote:I'll be back for W13! Will make sure my guide gets updated again

Would be greatly appreciated!!
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby tadeo » Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:44 pm

Bump we need update of this guide for world 13 ;)
Especially Table with new animals and updated stats with cheesing / fair fight on them.
World 2-4 Small steps in hermitting nothing big ¦]
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
World 12 Ted Mega Chad Hermit
World 13 Ted Member of Kulwa Village / ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
World 14 Ted Member of Alpaca Farm
World 15 Ted Member of Tempest City
tadeo

Postby telum12 » Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:10 pm

tadeo wrote:Bump we need update of this guide for world 13 ;)
Especially Table with new animals and updated stats with cheesing / fair fight on them.

Probably shouldn’t bother with fighting bears and elks at 120/120 unless by fair fight you mean chip a bunch into your armour.

Lynxes are p low stat except they’re pita if you can’t one or two-tap it because they run very fast and don’t seem to reaggro very well.

Wolves are usually in groups and soloing then can be very dangerous.

Beavers are pretty easy.

Seals are a lot less scary than bears but not very easy.

Pelicans and swans are tougher than you’d think but quickly become trivialised.

Honestly a lot of this is also just dependant on how much armor or potential wounds you’re willing to sacrifice. Just cheese on boat and if you want you can try to fight normally while in the boat for quick escape in case things go wrong. A middle ground for practicing in is go in, fight, if you start opening sail into water, lower, repeat. Experiment to get a feel for it yourself. Don’t let your opening go high if your stats are low it goes wrong very quickly
MagicManICT wrote:To me, being called a pedo is exactly like being called gay.

Jalpha wrote:She must have been in heat bro. She was literally fanging for it. Literally posting repeatedly in chat, in all caps "DO IT! POST YOUR DICK! THERE'S NO WAY IT'S 7 INCHES!"

How could any hot-blooded male deny such a request under the circumstances.
telum12

Postby SavageFox » Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:28 am

we need a future proof guide cheesing is not a valid strategy when it can be patched or changed there needs to be a valid strategy to fight everything without cheesing
SavageFox

Postby FatDragon » Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:02 am

SavageFox wrote:we need a future proof guide cheesing is not a valid strategy when it can be patched or changed there needs to be a valid strategy to fight everything without cheesing
Meh, cheese was in the game since the legacy, even the form remained pretty much the same. In the extremely unlickely chance if it'll be changed then we'll need a brand new guide anyway, since "removing cheese" will surely take a good bit of re-writing of the basic fighting mechanics, so any old guides will be outdated.
FatDragon

Previous

Return to How do I?