boar armor?

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

boar armor?

Postby tyrtix » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:54 pm

just a bit, i was trying to fell a boar today but took away from him over 1500 armor and still doing him very little damage, is that normal armor they have or do they just absorb damage now so armor never fall off?
tyrtix

Re: boar armor?

Postby Nightdawg » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:38 pm

Most big animals now have *hardened skin*, which acts only as a damage threshold rather than armor. This is so people don't cheese bears in the first couple of days of the world.
In order to kill them, your damage just needs to be high enough so it penetrates that armor class.
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby tyrtix » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:45 pm

oh ok, i thought the "armor" became just soak damage, so now i need more openings, better str and weapons, thanks :p
Btw, this kind of changes are mostly worthless, they didn't really changed the game for a pvp player standpoint, it just made it annoying for the other players.
tyrtix

Postby Nightdawg » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:51 pm

tyrtix wrote:Btw, this kind of changes are mostly worthless, they didn't really changed the game for a pvp player standpoint, it just made it annoying for the other players.

It made bears/mammoths/whales more annoying/impossible to cheese on day 1 for bigger groups. I doubt you were able to kill those on day 1? I think it's a great change.
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby tyrtix » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:06 pm

there are people that in day 1 have toons with 50 stats... you cannot just cheese bears so easily but i bet is doable even day one, and if not, in day 2 for the whale players is not a problem...for the casual? maybe you need to play for a month to handle a boar.

Mind that this server, despise the number of changes that should had made the first days rush a bit harder...progressed exactly as any older one...if not worse.
tyrtix

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:48 am

Even my lazy bum was handling boars within the first week. The hard part was keeping them in the fight and not running off on me. (Didn't have a horse yet... those went to the "real hunters.")
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby WESKERBOY » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:31 am

Once u understand the combate mechanics is easy to fight. Just get enemy openings UP and bit the shit out of them
W5 hermit
W6 hermit
Dropout
1/2 w11 hermit other 1/2 citizen of Arkona
WESKERBOY

Return to How do I?