What date is it and how do I center my camera to the north?

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

What date is it and how do I center my camera to the north?

Postby ydex » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:32 pm

Hi kids,
so I am playing HnH again but this time on the default client, and I cant seam to udnerstand how to see what day it is in the season cycle, so I cant figure out if I should plant my crops.
How do I see what day and what season it is in the default client?

Furhtermore I am having major camera issues as I cant figure out what hotkey it is I press to center my camera to the north (making navigating with the map that is centered to the north super annoying).
So what keys do I press to make the camera centered the same way as the mini map?

Thanks in advance guys.
bold
ydex

Re: What date is it and how do I center my camera to the nor

Postby Exerosp » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:50 pm

Default client annoyingly only centers around Southeast, Northeast, Southwest & Northwest. Hopefully they'll add to it, but currently I don't think the other feature is on Default client either.
Exerosp

Postby Nightdawg » Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:53 am

Switch to the "bad" (which clearly is not the bad one) camera as soon as possible.

Press the ":" button on your keyboard ( hold shift + ";" ) to open the annoyingly hard to see console above the chat, and write ":cam bad" then press enter

Then you can look in whichever direction you want to, and you can scroll out further, and actually see your surroundings better.
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:47 am

As far as server time, the standard client doesn't show it. It is a couple of days after the start of spring.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby ydex » Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:10 pm

Hi guys, thanks for the help. I actually read up a bit on the pathcnotes last night as well. Sad that these features haven't made it in yet. Thansk for telling me the time tho.

Time to plant some seeds :D
bold
ydex

Postby lkaser » Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:54 pm

Nightdawg wrote:Switch to the "bad" (which clearly is not the bad one) camera as soon as possible.

Press the ":" button on your keyboard ( hold shift + ";" ) to open the annoyingly hard to see console above the chat, and write ":cam bad" then press enter

Then you can look in whichever direction you want to, and you can scroll out further, and actually see your surroundings better.

Is there a way to zoom out without mouse wheel? On "good" cam it can be done with arrow keys, but on this cam they don't work.
lkaser

Postby Nightdawg » Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:59 pm

Loftar wrote this somewhere, but I can't find where, to quote it.
If you hate the superior "bad" camera, you can use " :cam ortho -f ", which will unlock it from being stuck on diagonals.

God I wish these obscure things were documented somewhere.

lkaser wrote:Is there a way to zoom out without mouse wheel? On "good" cam it can be done with arrow keys, but on this cam they don't work.

Don't think so.
I used to have a mouse macro that changed my side buttons to repeating scroll inputs. Maybe you can try using something like that.
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:02 am

Nightdawg wrote:God I wish these obscure things were documented somewhere.

they only get documented if loftar tells us about them so we can put them on the wiki. :(
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Enjoyment_2 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:28 am

worth to add this:
loftar wrote:
WowGain wrote:unlocked ortho cam

At least, you can nowadays give the console command :cam ortho -f to unlock the ortho camera (which is saved).
Enjoyment_2
Under curfew

Return to How do I?