Odd taming behavior?

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Odd taming behavior?

Postby linkfanpc » Sun May 02, 2021 12:44 am

UnManism wrote:I killed like that around 5 horses. Boat taming melee.
Started fightning. Peace button check. Hitting for 10hp. Horse close to 220 dmg still dont deaggro. Lower hitting to around 1, 3 shp. Horse close to 328 dmg still dont deaggro. Hit for 3 dmg. Horse dead...

Im just thinking my horses dont want to be tamed, just killed :(

I'm 99% sure if the animal you're taming at any point detects it can't hit you (IE you're cheesing in a boat) it'll refuse to flee, specifically to deter boat cheese taming. You'll just need to fight it head on.
Waiting for something to happen? Everything is going to be okay.
jorb wrote:Hitting a "Ghejejiiwlonk" with your "Umappawoozle" for eightyfifteen points of "Sharmakookel", simply makes no sense.

W7: Semi-Hermit
W8: Semi-Hermit
W9-13: Lawspeaker of villages of myself-4 people.

There's SOMETHING behind you.
linkfanpc

Postby ogey » Sun May 02, 2021 1:41 am

linkfanpc wrote:I'm 99% sure if the animal you're taming at any point detects it can't hit you (IE you're cheesing in a boat) it'll refuse to flee, specifically to deter boat cheese taming. You'll just need to fight it head on.

Or just never get in melee range and do the entire taming with a bow.
ogey

Postby UnManism » Sun May 02, 2021 10:55 am

linkfanpc wrote:
UnManism wrote:I killed like that around 5 horses. Boat taming melee.
Started fightning. Peace button check. Hitting for 10hp. Horse close to 220 dmg still dont deaggro. Lower hitting to around 1, 3 shp. Horse close to 328 dmg still dont deaggro. Hit for 3 dmg. Horse dead...

Im just thinking my horses dont want to be tamed, just killed :(

I'm 99% sure if the animal you're taming at any point detects it can't hit you (IE you're cheesing in a boat) it'll refuse to flee, specifically to deter boat cheese taming. You'll just need to fight it head on.

Another time i was trying to first dmg them with sling and then melee fight. Same result.

ogey wrote:Or just never get in melee range and do the entire taming with a bow.

I will check it next time. Only sling.
UnManism

Postby linkfanpc » Sun May 02, 2021 2:50 pm

ogey wrote:
linkfanpc wrote:I'm 99% sure if the animal you're taming at any point detects it can't hit you (IE you're cheesing in a boat) it'll refuse to flee, specifically to deter boat cheese taming. You'll just need to fight it head on.

Or just never get in melee range and do the entire taming with a bow.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I specifically recall when me and some buddies last world were trying to do some really early taming, we kept failing. Fighting it behind boulders, near water, all together, didn't matter, always refused to peace. A couple days later i just bumped up some stats and 1v1ed it and tamed it with no issues.
Waiting for something to happen? Everything is going to be okay.
jorb wrote:Hitting a "Ghejejiiwlonk" with your "Umappawoozle" for eightyfifteen points of "Sharmakookel", simply makes no sense.

W7: Semi-Hermit
W8: Semi-Hermit
W9-13: Lawspeaker of villages of myself-4 people.

There's SOMETHING behind you.
linkfanpc

Previous

Return to How do I?