Milestone questions

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Milestone questions

Postby Barykada » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:39 pm

Got a few questions regarding milestones ,would be glad if someone answer it please :

1. Can i build milestone inside personal/village claim ?
2. If q1 is true then can i travel through closed gates /open gates /visitor gates?
3. If I put one end in unclaimed forest and second in village going through visitor gate ,can other players use milestone in forest to teleport to my village ignoring visitor gate ?
4. If i make a chain of stone roads connecting lake > village > sea, can i travel directly from lake to sea using boat/knarr ?

any info would be gladly appreciated ,cheers in advance.
Barykada

Re: Milestone questions

Postby Vydrion » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:28 pm

This is the information I have, hope it's useful:

1. Yes.
2. No (when i last checked this world)
3. No because 2
4. You can use roads with a snekkja (as far as i know), so if you make a road from a body of water to another, you can travel with the boat. For dugouts / rowboats, its possible you have to disembark and lift it to travel with it.
Vydrion

Postby wafflecat » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:26 pm

For 2 I'm pretty sure you can put it inside the pali, use it, get waylaid and then teleport without an issue. Anyway that's what we did a few worlds ago. Haven't tried it in a while
wafflecat

Postby vatas » Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:29 pm

If you're making one-way ship trail, just make sure that the small sign's preview arrow points into water tile.

If you're making two-way trail, make sure you the signs are built like this:
Attachments
java_jAU4wIbD02.png
java_jAU4wIbD02.png (233.99 KiB) Viewed 765 times
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby vallcrist2 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:05 am

Hey, great topic!

I do have some additional follow up questions though, if anyone could be so kind as to clear those up for me.

1 - Is there any risk that a milestone close to my palisade walls can teleport someone that uses the road inside my walls on arrival?

2 - If (1) is something that can happen, will they have the visitor buff by default?
vallcrist2

Postby mvgulik » Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:44 am

+ Shallow water (arrow. at least for dugout. probably also for all other boats).
+ Intermediate milestone's will block passage if its perfectly in between the incoming travel-path and its arrow location. (Don't know about minimal needed angle offset here. But 180 will block for sure)
+ Orientation of starting milestone's don't matters.

vallcrist2 wrote:1 - Is there any risk that a milestone close to my palisade walls can teleport someone that uses the road inside my walls on arrival?
2 - If (1) is something that can happen, will they have the visitor buff by default?

Trails will not allow direct travel through gates. Any gate: big, small, closed or open.
Any gate will drop you out of travel mode before the gate, after which you will need to walk trough the gate. At which point (due to travel waylaid) you can pickup your traveling at the next milestone of that trail.
mvgulik

Return to How do I?