How do I raid bee hives

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

How do I raid bee hives

Postby Dalix » Sat May 01, 2021 10:06 pm

We tried the kite technique of one kitting the bees, but then a second set of bees appears, there is no way to kill the bees either it seems. I can kill badger, fox, bats and wolverine... but yet we (3 of us) haven't found a way to raid a simple bee hives yet. And they do follow in water as well...

Any help/tips will be greatly appreciated.
Dalix

Re: How do I raid bee hives

Postby Sevenless » Sat May 01, 2021 10:33 pm

Start to raid, if bee shows up boat/run away to disengage and find a new hive.

Unless you are strong enough to easily kill a bee that comes out, that's your only option as a single person to raid hives. Usually about 1/5 have no defenders.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby Halbertz » Sat May 01, 2021 10:34 pm

Dalix wrote:We tried the kite technique of one kitting the bees, but then a second set of bees appears, there is no way to kill the bees either it seems. I can kill badger, fox, bats and wolverine... but yet we (3 of us) haven't found a way to raid a simple bee hives yet. And they do follow in water as well...

Any help/tips will be greatly appreciated.

On my experience there 3 options:
1) Person with strider credo just ignore all damage and collect hive
2) Kill bees. Sometimes they respawn fast, but you can kill them.
3) Just look for empty nest. There some chance that nest will be without guards and you can loot it freely.
Halbertz

Postby linkfanpc » Sun May 02, 2021 12:43 am

It's entirely random how many bees are in one nest, sometimes you'll find a nest with zero bees you can raid for free, other times you'll find a nest that infinitely spawns them. Early game, clover a horse, and hope for the former.
Waiting for something to happen? Everything is going to be okay.
jorb wrote:Hitting a "Ghejejiiwlonk" with your "Umappawoozle" for eightyfifteen points of "Sharmakookel", simply makes no sense.

W7: Semi-Hermit
W8: Semi-Hermit
W9-13: Lawspeaker of villages of myself-4 people.

There's SOMETHING behind you.
linkfanpc

Postby springyb » Sun May 02, 2021 1:07 am

If you have enough defense and some armor you can spam blue and green moves while raiding the beehive, you'll only get interrupted if you take damage. This is the easiest way aside from finding a nest that's unguarded.

In my experience, if the hive spawns a bee the first moment you raid it, it will spawn billions of them and you should give up. If the hourglass ticks down a bit before they spawn it's worth trying to kill them if you're able.
springyb

Postby Dalix » Sun May 02, 2021 2:26 pm

Thanks for all the answers, this is really helpful! Cheers!
Dalix

Return to How do I?