Taming Boars

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Taming Boars

Postby valeriesusanne » Wed May 05, 2021 4:21 am

Is there a trick to getting boars to take the clover? I've tried about 12 times so far and every one ended up attacking me.
I understand that this happens, but I'm wondering what the percentage is? And do any stats make any difference, like strength or stealth?
If it just takes patience because only one in 20 takes the bait, I'll keep trying. I just don't remember having this much trouble in past worlds.
"He doesn't understand. Explain as you would a child." General Roth'h'ar Sarris
valeriesusanne

Re: Taming Boars

Postby linkfanpc » Wed May 05, 2021 4:30 am

Obviously you should be sprinting right up to it so that you're touching it and then give it the clover, it's instant and has zero chance of failing. At least half the boars you'll see will be too stupid to aggro you if you're quick. While leashed or hitched it has no ability to aggro.
Waiting for something to happen? Everything is going to be okay.
jorb wrote:Hitting a "Ghejejiiwlonk" with your "Umappawoozle" for eightyfifteen points of "Sharmakookel", simply makes no sense.

W7: Semi-Hermit
W8: Semi-Hermit
W9-13: Lawspeaker of villages of myself-4 people.

There's SOMETHING behind you.
linkfanpc

Postby Flameturtle » Wed May 05, 2021 10:10 am

Can also go the other way and crawl to it since it makes them much less likely to aggro and boars stay still more than any other animal that i've seen. Thats how i normally get them and goat herds too, although the goats tend to move around a lot more so that makes it trickier.
Flamturtle's Haven & Hearth 2.0 Combat Guide! http://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40466 - Remade for its 5th Anniversary!
PM to Contact.
Flameturtle

Postby valeriesusanne » Wed May 05, 2021 10:45 am

Okay! I hadn't thought of that - I was trying from as far away as I could be. Thanks guys! I'll give this a try :)
(now that I think of it - in previous worlds I always found stray tame pigs wandering around. this is my first time actually taming one)
valeriesusanne

Postby valeriesusanne » Wed May 05, 2021 3:45 pm

Quick update: it works!! Get as close as possible (I have laggy internet, so it was still tricky, but works). I have two boars now hitched up.
This will give me something to work on over the winter!

Thanks again for the advice :)
valeriesusanne

Return to How do I?