How do you deal with boulders?

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

How do you deal with boulders?

Postby AlexNT » Sat May 29, 2021 7:57 pm

When you try to mine in a straight line, and every other tile drops a boulder, interrupting your mining -- what do you normally do? Lift it and set to the sidewall, chip though it, carry it to a dedicated area in the mine?

Additionally, what do you do about ore boulders? Seeing how smelting chance skills and "well mined" don't apply to them, they are essentially trash (and noob bait) 99% of the time (unless you get a boulder of top quality ore that you're otherwise in short supply of). It's dangerous to chip them, because they can get mixed with good ore. So how do you deal with them?
AlexNT

Re: How do you deal with boulders?

Postby loleznub » Sat May 29, 2021 8:09 pm

Save them for credos is the first use that comes to mind..
loleznub

Postby AlexNT » Mon May 31, 2021 10:55 pm

loleznub wrote:Save them for credos is the first use that comes to mind..

That doesn't help with getting them out of the way at all. My question is not "what to use them for", but "how to deal with them while mining".
AlexNT

Postby Undefined » Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:06 pm

I tend to recite my curse of extreme genital withering towards Jorb & Loftar while chipping them and carry on.
If I'm currently axe mining and have to switch back to pickaxe too thus causing me additional nuisance I do it twice.
If I'm currently mining ore and so also additionally need to create a stockpile so as not to mix it with the shitty stuff before continuing, three times.
If I'm mining high-quality coal and so have a boulder full of coaly goodness I praise their benevolence.
Undefined

Postby burnemall » Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:01 am

Undefined wrote:I tend to recite my curse of extreme genital withering towards Jorb & Loftar while chipping them and carry on.
If I'm currently axe mining and have to switch back to pickaxe too thus causing me additional nuisance I do it twice.
If I'm currently mining ore and so also additionally need to create a stockpile so as not to mix it with the shitty stuff before continuing, three times.
If I'm mining high-quality coal and so have a boulder full of coaly goodness I praise their benevolence.

Tank you for beeing incredibly funny Sir!
burnemall

Postby Sevenless » Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:35 pm

Chip them and drop result. Save the ore boulders for your alchemist if you have one.

With a pickaxe chipping a boulder is pretty zippy. Same goes for cellar boulders. Takes 2/3rds as much time to store them as chip them, and then you probably gotta chip em anyway.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby synntax33 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:27 pm

Carts. Lots of carts.
synntax33

Postby shubla » Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:26 pm

I have suggested that they should be automined with the area mine on default client, but devs refuse to add it.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby DDDsDD999 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:51 pm

You should add boulder clearing to your mining bot, it's really not that hard
DDDsDD999

Postby SavageFox » Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:55 pm

mine everything first then filter it later the filtering process is pretty easy to do
SavageFox

Return to How do I?