Real estate

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Real estate

Postby Szat » Sun May 30, 2021 7:06 pm

I am pretty new and have been looking for a place to build and learn. I just put down a claim and started making things only to find there is a Thingwall only a few screens away. Oops. Is this very likely to get me killed and should I ditch the claim?
Szat

Re: Real estate

Postby Uriel » Sun May 30, 2021 7:14 pm

Szat wrote:I am pretty new and have been looking for a place to build and learn. I just put down a claim and started making things only to find there is a Thingwall only a few screens away. Oops. Is this very likely to get me killed and should I ditch the claim?

Depends on the area. Settling near thingwalls is always bad idea - large trafic (biger change to be attacked). Also dont settlento near of any body of water.
Uriel

Postby lemongrabz » Mon May 31, 2021 6:00 pm

Really bad idea to settle close to thingwalls, very convenient for raiders to get to your stuff
lemongrabz

Postby AlexNT » Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:04 pm

Szat wrote:I am pretty new and have been looking for a place to build and learn. I just put down a claim and started making things only to find there is a Thingwall only a few screens away. Oops. Is this very likely to get me killed and should I ditch the claim?

It depends on your definition of "a few screens". A couple grids (100x100 tiles) away is fine, within 1-2 grids is asking for trouble. In the same grid is near certain death (unless it's some total backwater place at the edge of the map).
AlexNT

Postby dorag » Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:15 am

Dorag#0375 is my discord if you want i can set you up a beacon in a safe area
dorag

Return to How do I?