Grand List of Simple Questions

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Grand List of Simple Questions

Postby Ø » Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:47 pm

Dawidio123 wrote:
Ø wrote:What does Memories of Pain actually do?
Search results no conclusive data. There is only speculation.

I fucked up and put "infected" bone marrow in all of my feeding troughs while rushing to make sure my farm stayed fed to prevent another bout of Memories of Pain... The irony is almost amusing. Is my farm fucked?

It doesn't do anything afaik, at least nothing significant enough for ANYONE to notice so i wouldn't worry about it. It's just funny thing to see different stuff with it thus indicating how long of a road it had to be from a spinning wheel into whatever else you see with it.

Starved animals for a short period of time so it goes into all of their products and anything made from them. My main concern is that of potential FEP loss since it's not known and skimming through search I saw
bumfrog wrote:autumn steak? Are you factoring in truffles, pepper, memories of pain and startouched?

smh sprucedawg

which led me to believe there is a possibility it could have a negative impact on FEP or foods made from MoP items... I haven't found a good way to test this to make a comparison to rule it out. Although, after reading the thread to the point of the quote it seems it was likely a shitpost.

At the same time, if it means I get less meat from my slaughtered animals it means less pork and a different form of FEP loss. Which, after actually reading that it seems it was a suggestion in C&I for a starved status so... IDFK Maybe it doesn't do anything and I'm worrying for no reason.

TL;DR
Sprucetard tarding
Ø

Postby Dawidio123 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:50 pm

Ø wrote:TL;DR
Sprucetard tarding

I wouldn't worry about it, startouched has some effect on stuff (preventing further starsharding) because it's a balance thing, so you can't just abuse it all the way in your industry thus making people who can rmt/throw tokens to buy them basically unbeatable. On the other hand memories of pain are made when using spinning wheel and at random, it wouldn't make sense for it to have a negative effect that's that long-term since it'd be easy af to just throw away the thing made with the spinning wheel everytime you get it.
Ingame: Shaki
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
Dawidio123

Postby Ø » Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:44 pm

Dawidio123 wrote:
Ø wrote:TL;DR
Sprucetard tarding

I wouldn't worry about it, startouched has some effect on stuff (preventing further starsharding) because it's a balance thing, so you can't just abuse it all the way in your industry thus making people who can rmt/throw tokens to buy them basically unbeatable. On the other hand memories of pain are made when using spinning wheel and at random, it wouldn't make sense for it to have a negative effect that's that long-term since it'd be easy af to just throw away the thing made with the spinning wheel everytime you get it.

This instance of MoP came from farm animals starving and coming back from a starving state. I culled all the animals that had MoP and my farm recovered without issue. After some time I decided to make Bone Marrow out of all my spare bones to feed to my animals that didn't have MoP forgetting that some of the bones had MoP. This turned all of my swill into MoP infected swill that then infected every single one of my farm animals.

Not an easy, throw away, start over situation. If it were a single fish, item of clothing, or something easily replaced I would agree. However, in this particular case it really makes me want to rage quit. The only animals that should ever have MoP are the ones that were starved; not the ones that happen to eat the starved animal parts.

That's fucking retarded.
Ø

Postby vatas » Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:00 am

Complaining that your item tooltips have an extra line, that doesn't do anything, may sound like autistic screeching. However adding that on top of already long tooltips...
Granted, the image is a result of an intentional attempt to make a "rainbow" -kebab, but it is a genuine and practical concern to not want any unnecessary bloat in item tooltips.

Pure speculation, but MoP was a way to test the propagation of the item attribute/status -mechanic that was eventually used by Star Shards. If this was the case, it could be removed since it has served its purpose.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby Ø » Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:55 am

vatas wrote:Complaining that your item tooltips have an extra line, that doesn't do anything, may sound like autistic screeching.

*screeched louder*

It's about my animals.
Ø

Postby torrentialrain » Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:34 pm

Stitch patch worth it for a -7 Nasty Laceration? I also have another -4 one.
torrentialrain

Postby Sevenless » Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:46 am

torrentialrain wrote:Stitch patch worth it for a -7 Nasty Laceration? I also have another -4 one.

Will take a week or two to heal, stitchpatches are brutal. Ancient roots are strong enough to clear those if you can find one.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby vatas » Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:59 pm

Has anyone gotten a pearl when crafting one of these?
https://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Clambake
https://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Walrus_%26_Carpenter
I was thinking of asking said feature, but it would be embarrassing if it is already a thing. While individual mussel is unlikely to have a pearl, they are assigned to have one when picked up so cooking either food would make you forfeit pearl procs.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby Dondy » Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:19 am

How long does a character corpse last in deepest ocean water?
Dondy

Postby gravesmerch » Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:05 pm

is there a reason why badger hair stacks but squirrel hair doesn't?

I thought badger hair was a string but nope
gravesmerch

Previous

Return to How do I?