Grand List of Simple Questions

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Grand List of Simple Questions

Postby eebster » Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:17 am

If i run out of experience my claim bonds dissappear? I have 1 XP and still have access to the claims they werent destroyed but every single one vanished weird af.

woa then after you get exp they just reaper. cool
eebster

Postby Biglulu » Sun Aug 13, 2023 12:12 am

What is the best way to manage village permissions for a village with more than 5 members? The village wiki page doesn't go into detail. If the lawspeaker adds all members as kin and assigns them to a color, and then sets that color with permissions in the village menu in the kin menu, will those permissions apply to them?
Biglulu

Postby vatas » Sun Aug 13, 2023 6:51 am

Biglulu wrote:What is the best way to manage village permissions for a village with more than 5 members? The village wiki page doesn't go into detail. If the lawspeaker adds all members as kin and assigns them to a color, and then sets that color with permissions in the village menu in the kin menu, will those permissions apply to them?

Adding people as kin and giving them colors in that menu only applies to p-claims. Lawspeaker needs to go to village tab and assign villagers into correct color groups (separate from kin color groups.) Of course having all the villagers kinned helps a lot since you actually see their names that way.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby Biglulu » Sun Aug 13, 2023 7:43 am

vatas wrote:
Biglulu wrote:What is the best way to manage village permissions for a village with more than 5 members? The village wiki page doesn't go into detail. If the lawspeaker adds all members as kin and assigns them to a color, and then sets that color with permissions in the village menu in the kin menu, will those permissions apply to them?

Adding people as kin and giving them colors in that menu only applies to p-claims. Lawspeaker needs to go to village tab and assign villagers into correct color groups (separate from kin color groups.) Of course having all the villagers kinned helps a lot since you actually see their names that way.

I see, thanks. But you can only have 5 villagers, right? Do I need to use field cairns set to white group with crimes allowed to make stuff accessible to the people in the group that are not villagers?
Biglulu

Postby pawnchito » Sun Aug 13, 2023 7:46 am

Biglulu wrote:
vatas wrote:

I see, thanks. But you can only have 5 villagers, right? Do I need to use field cairns set to white group with crimes allowed to make stuff accessible to the people in the group that are not villagers?

You need 5 to found the village, after you can invite people through the government tab on the lawspeaker. Or assign colors and give them permission to invite.
pawnchito

Postby Biglulu » Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:34 am

pawnchito wrote:You need 5 to found the village, after you can invite people through the government tab on the lawspeaker. Or assign colors and give them permission to invite.

Oh, so you can actually have unlimited villagers? Awesome. I guess I was confused because the wiki page mentions five people. Thank you for the clarification.
Biglulu

Postby Sekhet » Sun Aug 20, 2023 10:04 pm

pawnchito wrote:You need 5 to found the village, after you can invite people through the government tab on the lawspeaker. Or assign colors and give them permission to invite.

You don't need anyone extra to found the village, it's you and 30k lp. You need extra folks in the early game, where lp income is quite low and 30k hurts.
Sekhet

Postby Biglulu » Mon Aug 21, 2023 2:00 am

I'm trying to build a great hall, but it's not showing up in the menu. I have all the materials listed on the wiki discovered (https://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Great_Hall) and I have what should be the relevant skills: carpentry, stone working, metal working, basic mechanics. Is there a material I need that isn't listed on the wiki, or a skill I'm missing? Do I need something obscure like painting?
Biglulu

Postby dagrimreefah » Mon Aug 21, 2023 2:12 am

Biglulu wrote:I'm trying to build a great hall, but it's not showing up in the menu. I have all the materials listed on the wiki discovered (https://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Great_Hall) and I have what should be the relevant skills: carpentry, stone working, metal working, basic mechanics. Is there a material I need that isn't listed on the wiki, or a skill I'm missing? Do I need something obscure like painting?

I think you have to actually make the material on your own (hard leather/hard metal/rope in this case) rather than just being taught it (if you haven't already) if I'm not mistaken.
dagrimreefah

Postby Biglulu » Mon Aug 21, 2023 2:17 am

dagrimreefah wrote:
Biglulu wrote:I'm trying to build a great hall, but it's not showing up in the menu. I have all the materials listed on the wiki discovered (https://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Great_Hall) and I have what should be the relevant skills: carpentry, stone working, metal working, basic mechanics. Is there a material I need that isn't listed on the wiki, or a skill I'm missing? Do I need something obscure like painting?

I think you have to actually make the material on your own (hard leather/hard metal/rope in this case) rather than just being taught it (if you haven't already) if I'm not mistaken.

Yup, I made all the stuff myself.

Edit: Okay, I figured it out. I didn't actually make a bar of hard metal myself, so that fixed it. Thanks. Wtf is the point of teaching then?
Biglulu

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?