Grand List of Simple Questions

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Grand List of Simple Questions

Postby dagrimreefah » Mon Aug 21, 2023 2:30 am

Biglulu wrote:Yup, I made all the stuff myself.

Edit: Okay, I figured it out. I didn't actually make a bar of hard metal myself, so that fixed it. Thanks. Wtf is the point of teaching then?

For craftable items that require that type of material, like curios/weapons/symbel/etc..
dagrimreefah

Postby Sekhet » Mon Aug 21, 2023 5:05 am

dagrimreefah wrote:For craftable items that require that type of material, like curios/weapons/symbel/etc..

It doesn't matter, played in group and teaching is part of village, since everyone focuses on other aspects. You just don't gain lp from gaining this knowledge.
Sekhet

Postby vatas » Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:35 am

When a character describes an item, it can only teach what it already knows. Character who only knows common metal can seemingly teach a hard metal bar, but actually described only the common metal.

Once you have any metal bar discovery, you can melt any metal bar into nuggets and back to properly discover it.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby dagrimreefah » Mon Aug 21, 2023 11:28 am

Sekhet wrote:
dagrimreefah wrote:For craftable items that require that type of material, like curios/weapons/symbel/etc..

It doesn't matter, played in group and teaching is part of village, since everyone focuses on other aspects. You just don't gain lp from gaining this knowledge.

What do you mean "it doesn't matter"? It obviously does if you want to craft, let's say, a curio with mats that that particular character hasn't discovered yet. Its especially useful if you're a hermit.
dagrimreefah

Postby dafels » Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:49 pm

dagrimreefah wrote:
Sekhet wrote:

What do you mean "it doesn't matter"? It obviously does if you want to craft, let's say, a curio with mats that that particular character hasn't discovered yet. Its especially useful if you're a hermit.

I agree. It is useful when someone teaches a item your character doesn't know and it opens up the possibilities to craft the item. So it does matter.
dafels

Postby VDZ » Sun Oct 15, 2023 4:51 am

What happens if you start building a new hearth fire, but leave it unfinished, then someone else (e.g. an alt) completes it? Does it become your or their hearth fire? Or is it simply not possible to build a HF someone else has placed?
VDZ

Postby Zao » Sun Oct 15, 2023 4:57 am

Is there seriously no way to stop someones alt from destroying your claim unless you spend 30 k on rage? You just have to hope that someone doesn't find your claim? There are so many bots running around just destroying peoples claims. There has to be something you can do besides just hope you don't get found. They don't have to put any investment into stopping you but you have to put 30k into stopping their unlimited alts? So cool man.
Zao

Postby VDZ » Sun Oct 15, 2023 5:16 am

Zao wrote:Is there seriously no way to stop someones alt from destroying your claim unless you spend 30 k on rage? You just have to hope that someone doesn't find your claim? There are so many bots running around just destroying peoples claims. There has to be something you can do besides just hope you don't get found. They don't have to put any investment into stopping you but you have to put 30k into stopping their unlimited alts? So cool man.

Rather than hope, you can hide. Place your first claim in a cave, some distance away from the entrance so people don't see it unless they actually go deeper into the cave. From there you can build up, eventually put a claim outside without any paving, objects or other signs of activity, and make sure to be there 7h20m later to activate it (if it's still there - if not, try elsewhere).
VDZ

Postby Aerona » Sun Oct 15, 2023 12:14 pm

As far as I'm aware, a battering ram is still required to destroy a claim after it's been established, which means you can just destroy the ram before it has time to set even if the Thing Peace is broken. So it can only be challenged easily during the 24-hour window. During that time it's difficult to stop someone from bashing your claim stake without having Rage. One possible way is to get a dangerous animal to chase you into a building close to the claim stake. The animal won't go inside and should go after the attacker instead.
Aerona

Postby VDZ » Sun Oct 15, 2023 3:07 pm

VDZ wrote:What happens if you start building a new hearth fire, but leave it unfinished, then someone else (e.g. an alt) completes it? Does it become your or their hearth fire? Or is it simply not possible to build a HF someone else has placed?

Just spawned an alt to try this. If you finish someone else's HF, it becomes your HF instead.
VDZ

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?