Grand List of Simple Questions

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Grand List of Simple Questions

Postby Pommfritz » Sun Dec 12, 2021 5:35 pm

is it possible to roast meat with spices on a grind iron?
Pommfritz

Postby DDDsDD999 » Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:37 pm

Pommfritz wrote:is it possible to roast meat with spices on a grind iron?

No, grid irons are only useful for raising quality
DDDsDD999

Postby JesusTheAstronaut » Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:44 am

I have searched far and wide, on this site, on the wiki, and even on the regular internet to try to find the answer to the question: "What is a contour?" at least in regards to 2D pixel images. I am trying to do painting and have developed a very good system to convert images to something with a low field count that can easily be produced in the game. I would like to further develop my technique and understanding of the painting system, and while the concept of Fields is pretty straightforward, so far I have not been able to find any information on what the paint system defines as a "contour".

(My image on the left/top vs reference image on the right/bottom)
JesusTheAstronaut

Postby mvgulik » Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:21 pm

Are those W10 unique statues still a in-game thing. Have not seen any posts related to them in a long long time.
mvgulik

Postby mvgulik » Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:16 pm

HnH contour value ... Not seeing a clear/useful logic behind it. (v2)

... Lol. Some group is trying to get killer robots banned. ... N.o.t. .g.o.i.n.g. .t.o. .h.a.p.p.e.n. ...
Last edited by mvgulik on Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
mvgulik

Postby JesusTheAstronaut » Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:17 am

mvgulik wrote:HnH contour value ... Not seeing a clear/useful logic behind it.

Still, I for sure appreciate you going thru the trouble of testing that. There seems to be a pattern but I don't think it's intuitive enough for me to be able to modify my images to lower the contour count without understanding what's causing that pattern. Very interesting though.

Edit: Upon further examination of that image you posted, I suspect that despite being called "contours" it is actually a measurement of the surface area of two different fields over a straight line. This is why only the circles have decimal points.
JesusTheAstronaut

Postby PhantomoftheWolves » Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:28 am

can someone tell me when the next world reset will be, whether that would be an exact date or an ETA?

i'm been kinda itching to start with a clean slate, like starting a new save file in Minecraft, since I often run into bases that are locked behind a claim when it seems to be abandoned (plus i cannot possibly make the back and forth journey between there and home with a full inventory over and over again, it gets kinda repetitive even with carts and stuff, annoying in the fact that i often bring back an item i already have (ie seeds) and boring

i dunno man, i just feel like i jumped back into H&H too late

forgive me if this is the wrong place to put this, but i wanna make my mark on the world without having to use someone else's work as a starting point
PhantomoftheWolves

Postby vatas » Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:44 am

PhantomoftheWolves wrote:can someone tell me when the next world reset will be, whether that would be an exact date or an ETA?

i'm been kinda itching to start with a clean slate, like starting a new save file in Minecraft, since I often run into bases that are locked behind a claim when it seems to be abandoned (plus i cannot possibly make the back and forth journey between there and home with a full inventory over and over again, it gets kinda repetitive even with carts and stuff, annoying in the fact that i often bring back an item i already have (ie seeds) and boring

i dunno man, i just feel like i jumped back into H&H too late

forgive me if this is the wrong place to put this, but i wanna make my mark on the world without having to use someone else's work as a starting point

If w13 follows the precedent set by w11 and w12 and lasts one year one month, reset will be in early days of May next year.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Pommfritz » Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:04 pm

PhantomoftheWolves wrote:

xD imo that's the best part of the game
there is no ETA on world resets, if you wanna play just play
Pommfritz

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:23 am

PhantomoftheWolves wrote:can someone tell me when the next world reset will be, whether that would be an exact date or an ETA?

World resets are at needs of the developers. There is no schedule to it.

In general, we have a thread for discussion of world resets, whether it's serious discussion or just a place to beg: viewtopic.php?f=40&t=57497
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?