Grand List of Simple Questions

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Grand List of Simple Questions

Postby TheServant » Sun Sep 04, 2022 10:41 am

NickRom0 wrote:Tell me please. Strength 48, Agility 20, dexterity 30, UA 50. Beat a boar. He started with a bow and stone arrows. And after the hand. But all the damage was green. As if he went into armor. What's wrong? What parameters to raise? Fox hit without losing HP. Leather armor, leather pants, leather boots, batman's cape, shield. But the shield was not worn, in the hands was a bow. Maybe because he had a bow in his hand?

In Russian, dexterity and agility are translated into English in the same way. What parameter to raise for a UA fight, the one where the palm is, or the one where the leg is?

You need to deliver big hits to go beyond boar static armor, its easier using MC, spear or sword.
TheServant

Postby NickRom0 » Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:54 pm

What is the strongest UA skill? The punch and hook from the left is not enough even for deer. And from whom it can be recognized, from which animal or something else. Preferably without initiative, I don't understand its mechanics yet.
NickRom0

Postby Sevenless » Sun Sep 04, 2022 2:11 pm

NickRom0 wrote:What is the strongest UA skill? The punch and hook from the left is not enough even for deer. And from whom it can be recognized, from which animal or something else. Preferably without initiative, I don't understand its mechanics yet.

To simplify a bit: Unarmed is only used for openings, you still use a weapon as a finisher. Unless you have ungodly strength (multiple thousands), this remains true for a long time. Punch+IP>chop, haymaker/uppercut>sideswipe or full circle. Full circle is the hunting option of choice for me, so doing a yellow deck is your most reliable bet.

Honestly though, for a simplified combat experience, Melee Combat is really the way to go. Quickbarrage + full circle + shields up (UA is uppercut if you have it, haymaker otherwise, full circle, chin up) is a very solid setup for people who don't understand the system well. Major key: as soon as you find a defense that gives red reduction, get it on your bar.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby NickRom0 » Sun Sep 04, 2022 3:32 pm

OK. Thank you. That is, I still need to kill a lot of bats and foxes to open these movements. They are good for me) And a badger for an uppercut.
NickRom0

Postby Sevenless » Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:55 pm

NickRom0 wrote:OK. Thank you. That is, I still need to kill a lot of bats and foxes to open these movements. They are good for me) And a badger for an uppercut.

Asking your neighbours for combat instructions is also really important
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby Erwinjones » Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:41 am

Just curios if anyone can help me understand "cleaned chicken" Q...

Cant seem to figure out what attributes etc effect the quality. I get the Q30 feathers when I pluck it but always get a Q10 cleaned chicken. Have raised survival, perception, cooking, farming. I am at a loss on why I cant get even a q15 cleaned chicken. Is my stone axe hardcapping the qaulity?
Erwinjones

Postby Nexit » Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:50 am

Erwinjones wrote:Is my stone axe hardcapping the qaulity?

yes
Nexit

Postby NickRom0 » Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:26 pm

Small clarification -
1) According to the combat system. First I UA open a yellow or red openings to 30 or 40. Then I start to swing full circle? Why this particular blow? He's up against multiple opponents. Or if he is alone, then the damage calculated on several comes to one target?
2) By ore. Intelligence showed that there is a lot of tin around me. 5-6 veins of cassiterite. And at what distance from them to look for copper? For bronze.
NickRom0

Postby VDZ » Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:34 pm

NickRom0 wrote:2) By ore. Intelligence showed that there is a lot of tin around me. 5-6 veins of cassiterite. And at what distance from them to look for copper? For bronze.

Copper is only found on layer 2 and lower. Look for the ore 'Wine Glance'.
VDZ

Postby NickRom0 » Mon Sep 05, 2022 4:20 pm

VDZ wrote:Copper is only found on layer 2 and lower. Look for the ore 'Wine Glance'.

I mean https://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Chalcopyrite

P.s. Wow. Wiki says that he was moved to the 3rd level of the mines. So now only a wine glance? To blend into bronze? What about cast iron?
NickRom0

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?