Grand List of Simple Questions

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Grand List of Simple Questions

Postby Sevenless » Fri Nov 04, 2022 5:18 pm

DoctorCookie wrote:
Asgaroth22 wrote:Is there any way to take all/fill your inventory from a barrel? I don't really feel like clicking 'Take' 80 times every time I replant my field.

CTRL/SHIFT/RMB according to this update viewtopic.php?f=39&t=73773

You can fill up the object completely with CTRL/SHIFT/RMB, but sadly that does not fill your inventory. Only pulls 1 stack. Probably worth asking for it.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby Necrisha » Sat Nov 05, 2022 12:44 am

Asgaroth22 wrote:Is there any way to take all/fill your inventory from a barrel? I don't really feel like clicking 'Take' 80 times every time I replant my field.

Edit: wait sorry, I filled a bucket first from the barrel and did below from bucket... not the original barrel.

Cntrl RMB click take on the flower menu and type in the approximate number of seeds max stacks would be in your inventory. A lot less clicking, though still imperfect.
Necrisha

Postby Audiosmurf » Sat Nov 05, 2022 2:08 am

Tool Q relevant for digging mine holes, or strictly just str?
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby Asgaroth22 » Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:43 am

Necrisha wrote:

Edit: wait sorry, I filled a bucket first from the barrel and did below from bucket... not the original barrel.

Cntrl RMB click take on the flower menu and type in the approximate number of seeds max stacks would be in your inventory. A lot less clicking, though still imperfect.

Which client is that on? No such option on either ender or ardennes client.
“The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”

Douglas Adams

W3-W13 - mostly hermit, with a few brief periods as a crafter/farmer to various villages
Asgaroth22

Postby Necrisha » Sat Nov 05, 2022 11:40 am

Asgaroth22 wrote:
Necrisha wrote:

Which client is that on? No such option on either ender or ardennes client.

Well, since I haven't been running around mass planting from buckets directly since Amber was still a thing, that's what I've been doing from the default client actually. I still harvest using Ender, but planting has tended to be easier from the default client.
Necrisha

Postby Troll_Shroom » Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:15 am

I searched a bit but can not find a conclusive answer to how one can hearth to the wilderness without a hearthfire anymore. One of my neighbors recently lost his claim while away for a few days & is now locked inside his home. The other person has successfully changed all the pali door's locks as well & the pali has dried enough to stop him from bashing it with 200 str. Does removing your own hearth no longer randomly teleport you while you take on hearth burns? He has tried to hearth a few times but has had no luck. The only message he receives is "You have no hearthfire.". Even after logging off for around 15 minutes he can not randomly hearth.
Troll_Shroom

Postby vatas » Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:09 am

Troll_Shroom wrote:I searched a bit but can not find a conclusive answer to how one can hearth to the wilderness without a hearthfire anymore. One of my neighbors recently lost his claim while away for a few days & is now locked inside his home. The other person has successfully changed all the pali door's locks as well & the pali has dried enough to stop him from bashing it with 200 str. Does removing your own hearth no longer randomly teleport you while you take on hearth burns? He has tried to hearth a few times but has had no luck. The only message he receives is "You have no hearthfire.". Even after logging off for around 15 minutes he can not randomly hearth.

Sounds like the problem is he either has trespass permission to the claim (allowing him to log back in after logging out) or he outlawed himself trying to break out, making his character stay in the game world even when client is closed.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Troll_Shroom » Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:47 pm

vatas wrote:
Troll_Shroom wrote:I searched a bit but can not find a conclusive answer to how one can hearth to the wilderness without a hearthfire anymore. One of my neighbors recently lost his claim while away for a few days & is now locked inside his home. The other person has successfully changed all the pali door's locks as well & the pali has dried enough to stop him from bashing it with 200 str. Does removing your own hearth no longer randomly teleport you while you take on hearth burns? He has tried to hearth a few times but has had no luck. The only message he receives is "You have no hearthfire.". Even after logging off for around 15 minutes he can not randomly hearth.

Sounds like the problem is he either has trespass permission to the claim (allowing him to log back in after logging out) or he outlawed himself trying to break out, making his character stay in the game world even when client is closed.

No outlaw on him at the time. He was able to get out though. Tricky situation that was.
Troll_Shroom

Postby vatas » Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:03 pm

Possible issue I failed to point out at my previous post, if you simply close the client by pressing X and quickly log back in, your character has actually stayed on the game world the entire time. use "log out" from Options menu to make sure your character disappears from the game world (if you don't need to get kicked from a claim, using a bed does that too, instantly.)
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby fogwip » Mon Nov 07, 2022 1:36 am

How do I find metal? I've been searching the forums and prowling the wiki, but I can't tell if some of the information is old or not. I have yet to ever see the little radar-ping from using rustroot extract, and exploratory mining suggested on threads has just had me smack a cave wall maybe twice at most before getting cave-in'd and having to wait a day while the concussion wears off. do I just have garbage luck, or am I doing something wrong? is there supposed to be an easier/less frustrating way to do this?
fogwip

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?