Grand List of Simple Questions

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Grand List of Simple Questions

Postby Granger » Wed May 19, 2010 11:39 pm

This here is, instead of making a new topic, the place to put your simple questions that can be (and most likely already have been in the 5000+ posts in this topic) answered with a sentence or two. Please quote the question when posting an answer later (not on the direct next post).

Please be impatient:
search.png
search.png (29.85 KiB) Viewed 45228 times
Use the topic search above, it has a high chance to solve your question instantly, without having to type your question in full english sentences and waiting for someone to come by to read and answer it. Keep in mind that you can search the search result, starting with only a few keywords (or only one) and refining the result is a good approach.
The newer you are as a player, the more likely your answer is already waiting for you.

but MY simple question is DIFFERENT because

no, it isn't.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Re: Grand List of Simple Questions

Postby Karede » Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:01 pm

How does the siege engine alert work? Do archery towers trigger the warning? How far away can a siege engine be and still trigger it?
Karede

Postby vatas » Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:15 pm

Karede wrote:How does the siege engine alert work? Do archery towers trigger the warning? How far away can a siege engine be and still trigger it?

I think only Wrecking Ball and Battering Ram should trigger it (since currently they're the only things that can break claimed walls.)

The detection range is quite long to the point that I think there were even complaints about it, but its likely I remember wrong.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Wizara » Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:33 am

Pressed something and now interface auto-hides after login. How to undo that? Redownloaded client and tried Ender - still the same.
Wizara

Postby mvgulik » Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:45 am

Wizara wrote:Pressed something and now interface auto-hides after login. How to undo that? Redownloaded client and tried Ender - still the same.

You hit the Hide-UI key.
See Keybindings option menu in Default client for related key.

I know this to be a somewhat recurring issue, but I can't reproduce it at will. (ergo: can't test potential solutions)

Best guess:
a) Start/Restart client and hit hide-UI key twice. Than restart client again, to check if that did the trick.
Or else:
b) Start/Restart client and manually un-hide the hidden UI parts. Than restart client again, to check if they where saved.
mvgulik

Postby Wizara » Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:22 pm

Thanks mvgulik!

mvgulik wrote:b) Start/Restart client and manually un-hide the hidden UI parts. Than restart client again, to check if they where saved.

This did the trick. Cannot manually unhide top-left part(with hp/stamina/speeds), but toggling all interface unhidden via hotkey and then manually hide actions menu. Restart - all shown, actions menu hidden. Manually unhide actions menu. Restart again - everything fine.

Thanks again!
Wizara

Postby Van » Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:29 pm

Is mammoth's "Trunk Gunk" attack's efficiency affected by armor or does it deliver same damage regardless of hearthling's equipment?
Van

Postby kirion » Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:09 am

I'm using some Ardennes bootleg client, how do i go about moving the F-key, N-Key and normal-key bars?
kirion

Postby mvgulik » Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:56 am

kirion wrote:I'm using some Ardennes bootleg client, how do i go about moving the F-key, N-Key and normal-key bars?

Try click & drag ... on an empty sloth. (assuming the bar is not locked of course)
Last edited by mvgulik on Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mvgulik

Postby kirion » Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:53 pm

Got it, it's CTRL + hold right mouse button!
kirion

Next

Return to How do I?