Grand List of Simple Questions

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Grand List of Simple Questions

Postby Ø » Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:42 pm

Saxony4 wrote:
Harunobu wrote:It seems the quality of Quarryartz was nerfed? It is now always lower in quality than the other stone I can find. In W13 or 14 it was often of the highest quality stone I could find.

I don't think it was, almost all of the Quarryartz I've mined has been 10-30q higher than the stone I've mined from so I think its random or depending on nodes

I concur. It seems node based. I've mined q150+ Quarryartz while mining q60-q120 tiles in a vein of Black Coal and q60~ Quarryartz while mining a vein of q100-q140 Alabaster. These were all consistent in each vein.
Ø

Postby Harunobu » Thu Dec 14, 2023 2:16 am

Odd. pretty sure half of the time the quarryartz I am mining is lower than the surrounding rock node. In the past, I always got some very high q quarryartz to be used for stone axes. Now, I always use normal rock.
Harunobu

Postby TheServant » Thu Dec 14, 2023 2:20 am

Harunobu wrote:Odd. pretty sure half of the time the quarryartz I am mining is lower than the surrounding rock node. In the past, I always got some very high q quarryartz to be used for stone axes. Now, I always use normal rock.

quarryartz has own node the same as ores, shells, and so and so... been easy to find q280-300 quarryartz in levels such as l6
Aristotle wrote:Therefore it is fitting for the women to be married at about the age of eighteen and the men at thirty-seven or a little before — for that will give long enough for the union to take place with their bodily vigor at its prime, and for it to arrive with a convenient coincidence of dates at the time when procreation ceases.
TheServant

Postby Harunobu » Sat Dec 23, 2023 1:03 am

Now on lvl 5 and finding more high q stone. Even cat gold has been higher in q than quarryartz. quarryartz never came close to being the highest q stone I find.
Harunobu

Postby darkgore » Sun Dec 24, 2023 6:09 pm

What do I need to discover molten glass? I have glass blowing, crucible, lye, coal and sand but I don't get the recipe...
darkgore

Postby gravesmerch » Sun Dec 24, 2023 6:30 pm

darkgore wrote:What do I need to discover molten glass? I have glass blowing, crucible, lye, coal and sand but I don't get the recipe...

molten ingredient is glass, so probly make glass and wait it cool down
gravesmerch

Postby darkgore » Sun Dec 24, 2023 6:42 pm

gravesmerch wrote:
darkgore wrote:What do I need to discover molten glass? I have glass blowing, crucible, lye, coal and sand but I don't get the recipe...

molten ingredient is glass, so probly make glass and wait it cool down

Using "Smelt raw glass" gave me molten glass...In the wiki molten glass had its own recipe so I was confused. Thanks ;)
darkgore

Postby Mortis123 » Tue Dec 26, 2023 2:02 pm

Valnar wrote:Is pearl diver worth it to go for?

I was thinking of going pearl diver as a stretch goal for me this world, but I both don't know what kind of chance is "significant" to getting a pearl and from doing a quick search it seems like the global pool makes that credo less worthwhile?

Bump. Can someone throw some more info about what "significant" means for this credo? I thought about going for a mystic > nomad because I'm a forager in my village but I found couple of pearls already from boiling mussels and It feels that this is worth much much more because we was able to trade those for many cool tools on the market.
Mortis123

Postby vatas » Tue Dec 26, 2023 2:16 pm

Mortis123 wrote:

I was thinking of going pearl diver as a stretch goal for me this world, but I both don't know what kind of chance is "significant" to getting a pearl and from doing a quick search it seems like the global pool makes that credo less worthwhile?

Bump. Can someone throw some more info about what "significant" means for this credo? I thought about going for a mystic > nomad because I'm a forager in my village but I found couple of pearls already from boiling mussels and It feels that this is worth much much more because we was able to trade those for many cool tools on the market.

Exact numbers on the increased chance are complete unknowns. Global pool* no longer exists, but similar pool mechanic exists at Provincial level. As in, each Province has their individual supply of pearls it can yield out. You're more likely to get pearls if you venture out to less inhabited areas of the world.

*Global pool was the worst shit. Effectively devs' solution to botting; hand out Pearls and other rarities on a Soviet-style breadline. Who has more time to stand in a breadline, an actual person or a bot?
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby Mortis123 » Wed Dec 27, 2023 11:02 am

vatas wrote:
Mortis123 wrote:

Exact numbers on the increased chance are complete unknowns. Global pool* no longer exists, but similar pool mechanic exists at Provincial level. As in, each Province has their individual supply of pearls it can yield out. You're more likely to get pearls if you venture out to less inhabited areas of the world.

*Global pool was the worst shit. Effectively devs' solution to botting; hand out Pearls and other rarities on a Soviet-style breadline. Who has more time to stand in a breadline, an actual person or a bot?

So is it worth it? :P
Mortis123

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?