Grand List of Simple Questions

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Grand List of Simple Questions

Postby PhantomoftheWolves » Sun Dec 19, 2021 6:48 am

MagicManICT wrote: In general, we have a thread for discussion of world resets, whether it's serious discussion or just a place to beg: http://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/vie ... 40&t=57497

thank you!

and now a more important question to be answered: THE COMBAT SYSTEM

i have absolutely ZERO IDEA on how this shit works; usually when i get attacked by a boar or some other animal i just try to run away before they can KO me

if i'm gonna be self sufficient (as in not looting from abandoned bases as often) when the world resets, i have to learn how to hunt and that means learning the combat system

i don't need the technical details; i just wanna know how to fight stuff
PhantomoftheWolves

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:04 am

The absolute basics are in a few guides stickied in the "Helpful LInks" post stickied in this sub forum. I'm going to note that much of the information beyond the basics is very dated, but the core of what to do, what the colors are and how attacks/defenses work, and a few other things are still basically the same as 3-4 years ago.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Gargot » Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:26 pm

Does bushes grow same speed on forest terrain like trees? Or they require specific soil like plowed vs grassland type etc.
I tested once a whole bush and moved it into forest and one of them grows slower than one i planted on "Beech Grove"
Same idea raw seed planted vs treeplanter pot vs move whole bush. Which bush will grow faster and which terrain?
Gargot

Postby meus » Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:46 pm

Gargot wrote:Does bushes grow same speed on forest terrain like trees? Or they require specific soil like plowed vs grassland type etc.
I tested once a whole bush and moved it into forest and one of them grows slower than one i planted on "Beech Grove"
Same idea raw seed planted vs treeplanter pot vs move whole bush. Which bush will grow faster and which terrain?

The only difference in growth - between a bush planted using a Pot and one planted using a Shovel - is the chance to become stunted.
If you have good treefarming skills (up to Druidic Rite), there's a better chance (up to 100%) that the one planed via Pot will grow up completely and not become stunted.

Other than that, there seems to be no difference in growth speed. Terrain seems not to matter. Maybe it makes a difference for the variety of "naturally spawned" bushes, as in their types in a certain area - but I never really paid attention to some terrain-specific bushes (if they even exist). They still grow a bit faster than trees (so a decent source of higher quality wood blocks, up to a certain cap).
meus

Postby vatas » Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:18 pm

Assuming the palisade is fully dried and the Log Cabin actually built, could you flee inside and not have the Troll wreck the entire thing to get to you?
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby WowGain » Tue Dec 21, 2021 3:24 pm

vatas wrote:

Assuming the palisade is fully dried and the Log Cabin actually built, could you flee inside and not have the Troll wreck the entire thing to get to you?

If you have a troll aggroed on you and you go somewhere that it doesn't think it can get directly to you, it'll just cause a cavein to happen on top of you.
W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

Postby pawnchito » Tue Dec 21, 2021 6:31 pm

If my character dies and has 5 million points saved but not spent are they lost or do I get those back? Is it better to spend points asap as you earn them or can you let them sit unused without risking losing them?
pawnchito

Postby Nightdawg » Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:44 pm

pawnchito wrote:If my character dies and has 5 million points saved but not spent are they lost or do I get those back? Is it better to spend points asap as you earn them or can you let them sit unused without risking losing them?

You lose it IIRC, you only re-gain some LP from the skill tree (cause you unlearn everything). Everything else (Attributes and Abilities) give a percentage back depending on some formulas I couldn't be arsed to check/learn.
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby LtTurtleshot » Thu Dec 23, 2021 2:24 am

does the + to skills in credos actually show up anywhere or is it added directly to base?

I got hunter, it says +20 mm and I don't see it anywhere.
LtTurtleshot

Postby pawnchito » Thu Dec 23, 2021 2:36 am

Bonus is added to base stats.
pawnchito

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?