Grand List of Simple Questions

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Grand List of Simple Questions

Postby vatas » Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:08 pm

Protip related to posts above: if you do find a piece of new mineral as an inventory object, you can test if it's stone or ore by trying to place it into a pile. All stone will preview a stone pile, all ore will preview a an ore pile.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby Miss_Min » Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:28 pm

A question for the people prospecting wine glance - are you using any autotranslated custom client? Is it possible that one of the 14 or so English meanings of the word 'lead' translates into your language as 'wine'? Playing around with the english words 'wine glance' I'm ending up with 'insight' if I bounce it through an autotranslator a few times, which isn't helping but isn't making it any less helpful either....
Miss_Min

Postby Flameturtle » Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:58 pm

No, no translations and I only use the queen's English on both my computer and everywhere else. Wine glace is definitely the name.
Flamturtle's Haven & Hearth 2.0 Combat Guide! http://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40466 - Remade for its 5th Anniversary!
PM to Contact.
Flameturtle

Postby linkfanpc » Sat Aug 20, 2022 6:24 pm

Uh it's called Lead Glance for me?? Wtf?? I've used Ender, Amber and Ardenne's clients and they all call it lead glance and i used default english on all of them.
Waiting for something to happen? Everything is going to be okay.
jorb wrote:Hitting a "Ghejejiiwlonk" with your "Umappawoozle" for eightyfifteen points of "Sharmakookel", simply makes no sense.

W7: Semi-Hermit
W8: Semi-Hermit
W9-13: Lawspeaker of villages of myself-4 people.

There's SOMETHING behind you.
linkfanpc

Postby Flameturtle » Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:17 pm

Wine glance is a new ore on l2. I haven't gotten down there yet to actually show a piece of it but I have prospected it.
Flamturtle's Haven & Hearth 2.0 Combat Guide! http://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40466 - Remade for its 5th Anniversary!
PM to Contact.
Flameturtle

Postby VDZ » Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:58 am

What is the base damage on the Tinker's Throwing Axe? Is it better than the knives? I'm having trouble penetrating boar armor with my ceramic knife and I have no decent-quality flint, so I'm wondering if the axe is a solution.
VDZ

Postby Tammer » Sun Aug 21, 2022 5:22 am

VDZ wrote:What is the base damage on the Tinker's Throwing Axe? Is it better than the knives? I'm having trouble penetrating boar armor with my ceramic knife and I have no decent-quality flint, so I'm wondering if the axe is a solution.

tinker_axe.PNG
tinker_axe.PNG (37.38 KiB) Viewed 355 times
Tammer

Postby Valessar » Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:36 am

Did some googling and reading about minerals, ores, and nomenclature. Galena, or lead-glance and chalcocite, or copper-glance, were the only two that were immediately present. I have a hunch that wine glance is a copper bearing ore, essentially copper glance.
Valessar

Postby NickRom0 » Sun Aug 21, 2022 11:07 am

People need help. The third day looking for grasshoppers. But on my continent there are simply NO biomes where they respawn. Only Highground. But they don't either. I didn't find a map of the world. And one more thing - where is the general chat?

Люди, нужна помощь. Третий день ищу кузнечиков. Но на моем континенте просто НЕТ биомов где они возрождаются. Только Highground. Но на них тоже нет. А карты мира я не нашел. И еще одно - где общий чат?
NickRom0

Postby Zao » Sun Aug 21, 2022 4:40 pm

What the fuck am I doing wrong. I left click the pot and right click the ground (terrain is dirt) and nothing happens. I tried to plow the ground and click there and nothing happens. I am at a lost. I have tried it with and without a shovel. Please help lol.

Zao

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?