Grand List of Simple Questions

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Grand List of Simple Questions

Postby VDZ » Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:09 pm

NickRom0 wrote:Good luck to everyone in the game. Question - are there veins of ore that are one tile thick and eight long? This is so much work for THIS? Finding ore with scouting with a rustroot, burning a mining fire for a whole day, building a minehole and a palisade with four gates --- and all this for the sake of eight tiles of ore copper ???

Hey, I've had a single-tile vein of lead. Used Mining Song, mined with full skills. Still zero lead bars this world. It happens.

But now that you have your mine hole, you can dig around on level 2. There are natural caves there too, so dig until you reach one and you can check a large area. If copper is especially hard to get in your area, you can also trade for 3 hard metal to build a smelter (smelt to nuggets and back for the discovery) and just go straight for iron on layer 3 instead.
VDZ

Postby Elen » Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:20 pm

Does being placed inside a cart/leanto/garden shed count as outdoors for the purposes of decay for things like looms, anvils etc?
Elen

Postby linkfanpc » Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:22 pm

Elen wrote:Does being placed inside a cart/leanto/garden shed count as outdoors for the purposes of decay for things like looms, anvils etc?

Yea, and dead animals will rot away too.
Waiting for something to happen? Everything is going to be okay.
jorb wrote:Hitting a "Ghejejiiwlonk" with your "Umappawoozle" for eightyfifteen points of "Sharmakookel", simply makes no sense.

W7: Semi-Hermit
W8: Semi-Hermit
W9-13: Lawspeaker of villages of myself-4 people.

There's SOMETHING behind you.
linkfanpc

Postby NickRom0 » Sun Sep 11, 2022 3:45 pm

Tell me please. Nearby to the smelter, he created two blanks for the anvil and for the blacksmith's hammer. He lit the furnace, poured bronze ingots into molds 5 and 3. And then what to do? The metal is red, inside the forms. How to cool it down? Or how long to wait until it cools down? And there immediately the anvil will appear or it will be necessary to break the clay (from which the form)
NickRom0

Postby pawnchito » Sun Sep 11, 2022 3:46 pm

its like 24 hours for that melty to stop melting and then you get your anvil and hammer.
pawnchito

Postby NickRom0 » Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:20 pm

Why do many people recommend a boar spear for hunting? A bronze sword has a higher base damage. 90 vs 80
NickRom0

Postby DoctorCookie » Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:50 pm

Boar spear is recommended because of its long range. It can be used to safely hunt animals from a boat, hitting them for damage while they cannot hit you.
DoctorCookie

Postby NickRom0 » Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:21 pm

Maybe someone will need a little life hack. If, when expanding the base, you are faced with huge surpluses of unnecessary soil. Then it can simply be thrown onto a PAVED (for example, with a stone) surface. The paved area does not change its height!!! Since it was far from my base, I just paved a 4 * 4 site next to the excavations. Then I brought a bunch on a wheelbarrow. I opened it, held down ctrl+alt, and successively clicked on the pile and on my inventory. In a few seconds, a bunch flew into oblivion))))
NickRom0

Postby NickRom0 » Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:08 am

Will trellis plants die in winter? Should I now plant cucumber, peas and hops?
NickRom0

Postby Halbertz » Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:22 am

NickRom0 wrote:Will trellis plants die in winter? Should I now plant cucumber, peas and hops?

no
Halbertz

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?