Grand List of Simple Questions

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Grand List of Simple Questions

Postby mvgulik » Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:01 pm

Phaen wrote:Did the green & red hands get switched at one point?

On the wiki it says "Put the red (taking) hand in the second container. When someone makes a purchase, their payment goes into this container." but ingame the green hand desposits items from a purchase.

First time I hear a sound like that.
I kinda figure it would have been mentioned sooner if that was the case. Are you sure its not potentially related to your current stand/poles setup ?
(Currently I don't have the means to do any tests on this myself, nor do I have any meaningful experiences in this area.)
mvgulik

Postby Tammer » Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:11 pm

Phaen wrote:Did the green & red hands get switched at one point?

On the wiki it says "Put the red (taking) hand in the second container. When someone makes a purchase, their payment goes into this container." but ingame the green hand desposits items from a purchase.

From the world 13 announcement: http://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=69935

"Inverted Giving/Taking hands from Barter Stands to better reflect the perspective of the owner."
Tammer

Postby mvgulik » Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:40 am

Tammer wrote:From the world 13 announcement: http://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=69935

"Inverted Giving/Taking hands from Barter Stands to better reflect the perspective of the owner."

Aha. Roger that.
mvgulik

Postby Pommfritz » Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:08 pm

in the kin list, does "last seen" mean when the person was last online or when he actually visited me?
Pommfritz

Postby Audiosmurf » Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:41 pm

Pommfritz wrote:in the kin list, does "last seen" mean when the person was last online or when he actually visited me?

It's strictly the last time that character was logged into, if memory serves.
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby Pommfritz » Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:22 am

what is this irregular growing of my fields :D ?

I planted the flax all at the same time, same with the carrots inthe back. some flax is already finished while some is 2 stages behind. I also had a hemp field I planted about 20-30mins after the other hemp field finish wayyy earlier than the field I planted first

Pommfritz

Postby mvgulik » Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:06 am

Pommfritz wrote:what is this irregular growing of my fields :D ?

The main reason for this is usually:
"Made it so that crops no longer need to be harvested the second they finish in order [to] achieve their minimum cycle time. Whenever you destroy or harvest a crop the time the crop harvested had spent in the last growth stage is saved per tile or trellis. That time, up to a point, will then be added to your next planting on that tile. Do note that if you do not replant within a certain period, the retained time will be lost. Replanting within 3 RL days of the crop reaching its final growth stage should not lose you any time." (Game Development: Post Rose)

Combining seed in a bucket or barrel will average this time-period for those seeds.
mvgulik

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:17 pm

Might need more bees, too, and space the skeps out a bit better. There could be some internal algorithms that aren't triggering right with that setup. All the crops may be trying to look at the same skep for

I didn't do an exact count on number of skeps you have in relation to which crops planted, but you may be short one or two just on count alone.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Pommfritz » Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:28 pm

Ok cool, already planning to make more bee skeps, just needed time to collect good larvae. I planned to do 1 per 50 crops (each field is 5x20 = 100 crops) and then started adding more around the beet and carrot fields because they grow a lot faster. the fields in the back are barley for 100 crops and then behind 50/50 wheat/ millet. They are not supposed to need bee skeps right?

mvgulik wrote:
Pommfritz wrote:what is this irregular growing of my fields :D ?

The main reason for this is usually:
"Made it so that crops no longer need to be harvested the second they finish in order [to] achieve their minimum cycle time. Whenever you destroy or harvest a crop the time the crop harvested had spent in the last growth stage is saved per tile or trellis. That time, up to a point, will then be added to your next planting on that tile. Do note that if you do not replant within a certain period, the retained time will be lost. Replanting within 3 RL days of the crop reaching its final growth stage should not lose you any time." (Game Development: Post Rose)

Combining seed in a bucket or barrel will average this time-period for those seeds.

I just harvested and the crops that finished early were the ones I got from abandoned places so they might have had some time stored up or something
Pommfritz

Postby mvgulik » Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:46 pm

Pommfritz wrote:(Wheat, Barley, Millet and Hemp) are not supposed to need bee skeps right?

Correct (as per Rob wiki). There is no interaction between those crops and the bee skep.
mvgulik

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?