Grand List of Simple Questions

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Grand List of Simple Questions

Postby wonder-ass » Mon Dec 27, 2021 8:33 pm

Agame wrote:How long does it take for any wound to become infected (Infected sore) by standing or waking in a swamp?
I have a Wretched Gore of 55 points and lots of soap to treat it once it gets infected. I hope Wiki is right about "All wound types can become infected. Infected wounds have a chance to grow better or worse over time." So infecting them then treating the infected sore can be a great way to deal with wounds too hard/too slow to heal when compared with an Infected sore.
https://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Hitpoints#Wounds"

wiki is outdated and trash dont get the wound infected.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Dec 27, 2021 8:46 pm

Sometime during w11 it was changed. Thanks for pointing out the information in the wiki. It needs a better update, but as it reads now, nothing indicates that the wound is converted like it used to be. If that exists somewhere else, please let us know, and maybe someone can correct it.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Tammer » Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:53 am

Dondy wrote:Plums, prunes, raisins, yesteryear fig, regular fig and brandy have all not opened this recipe for me

Re-discovering brandy from a still worked for me. It wouldn't trigger using a cup or bucket on a barrel of brandy.

The recipe for plum pudding is dried fruit + brandy + sweetener + batter. Cook in cauldron then bake in an oven.
Tammer

Postby vatas » Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:30 am

You are told the name of the province you enter, but is the only way to know the name of province, you are in right now, if you've discovered it's Thingwall and hover over it on the map?
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Batguano » Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:14 pm

What is game mechanics of this, how it works in game:
"Will is intended as a measure of the character's ability to force him/herself through the roughs and toughs."
Batguano

Postby lordgrunt » Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:23 pm

1) will increases the number of fish types you see while fishing with casting rod
2) will increases your ability to travel long distance using roads, thingwalls and charter stones
lordgrunt

Postby Batguano » Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:33 pm

Yes, but I can't understand point 1 of Will description in wiki https://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Attributes#Will. Fishing is point 3 and Travel Weariness is point 4. But what is point 1???

Will
1. Will is intended as a measure of the character's ability to force him/herself through the roughs and toughs.
2. Scale quality of crafted items.
3. Expand fishing menu when using Primitive Casting-Rod with a formula: Slot menu = {\displaystyle 1+floor({\sqrt {will*survival}}/20)}{\displaystyle 1+floor({\sqrt {will*survival}}/20)}
4. Increase range and reduce Travel Weariness gained when using teleports.
Batguano

Postby Audiosmurf » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:06 pm

Batguano wrote:Yes, but I can't understand point 1 of Will description in wiki https://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Attributes#Will. Fishing is point 3 and Travel Weariness is point 4. But what is point 1???

Will
1. Will is intended as a measure of the character's ability to force him/herself through the roughs and toughs.
3. Expand fishing menu when using Primitive Casting-Rod with a formula: Slot menu = {\displaystyle 1+floor({\sqrt {will*survival}}/20)}{\displaystyle 1+floor({\sqrt {will*survival}}/20)}
4. Increase range and reduce Travel Weariness gained when using teleports.

#1 is just something that someone wrote, it has no mechanical meaning.
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby vatas » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:18 pm

Batguano wrote:What is game mechanics of this, how it works in game:
"Will is intended as a measure of the character's ability to force him/herself through the roughs and toughs."

It's how Jorb described "Will" when it was implemented.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:28 pm

To better put it, it could be listed as such:

A. Expand fishing menu when using Primitive Casting-Rod
B. Increase range and reduce Travel Weariness gained when using teleports (probably better worded as "Increases the amount a person can travel. A higher Will results in less accumulated weariness for a given distance.)

OR

Will is intended as a measure of the character's ability to force him/herself through the roughs and toughs. A higher will causes the following:
1. Expand fishing menu when using Primitive Casting-Rod
2. Increase range and reduce Travel Weariness gained when using teleports

Several crafts depend on Will as a portion of skills or attributes for the quality calculation.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?