Grand List of Simple Questions

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Grand List of Simple Questions

Postby ogey » Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:06 pm

Hahar wrote:I planted my mulberry tree on grass (original terrain is wald but i got it stomped to dirt before and then make it to grass). Do I do it wrong? Waiting time for grow gonna be same as planted on wald or dirt?

Planting on wald would have sped up the growth. It will still occasionally convert tiles to wald as it grows.
ogey

Postby vatas » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:26 pm

If you need to generate Wald, get rid of all grass by stomping it into dirt and plant trees into dirt. At least I think dirt converts to Wald easier/faster than Grass.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:09 am

At request, trimming out some of the older information as it was outdated. Some may still be relevant and can be found in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=39862

Over the next day or two, I'll do my best to split the questions from the start of w13 over to here. It's bit of a chore with the tools available to me on the forum and may take some time to move them all.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby pawnchito » Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:15 am

If multiple people are fighting a troll and the target that has aggro goes in the house will he enrage or just switch targets and move on to next person to eat?
pawnchito

Postby ogey » Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:28 pm

I have a bunch of brown+white and brown+grey horses, is it possible to get single color brown horses from them? I already have single color cows so I feel like it should be possible but all my horses are coming out with 2 colors.
ogey

Postby vasvaril » Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:22 am

What depends on whether a wild animal accepts the clover? Charisma? Skill? Quality of the clover?
vasvaril

Postby Sevenless » Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:40 pm

vasvaril wrote:What depends on whether a wild animal accepts the clover? Charisma? Skill? Quality of the clover?

Distance.

Animal moves towards you when you first offer the clover. If you are close enough that it reaches you in that movement, it always succeeds. If you are too far away, after that first guarenteed movement towards you the animal randomly walks closer and further away until it reaches you or a timer is reached and the animal gives up.

Best way to clover hostile animals is to get in front of their walking path and stand still to clover them when they get closer.

(for the pedantic, there is a credo that guaranteed makes clovering always work)
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby faslger » Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:23 am

I cant seem to find anywhere if construction sites will disappear while on my claim? I'm building a palisade but I need to wait a few days for leather and don't want the building site to disappear while i wait the couple days for it.
faslger

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:54 am

faslger wrote:I cant seem to find anywhere if construction sites will disappear while on my claim? I'm building a palisade but I need to wait a few days for leather and don't want the building site to disappear while i wait the couple days for it.

Technically, they shouldn't decay as long as on an active claim. However, one can never rule out odd bugs. Additionally, even if it doesn't decay, such a site is vulnerable to anyone coming by and smashing it. Better to just hold the materials in a lean-to while logged in, and on your person when logged out.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby ogey » Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:42 pm

Is water taken from a well also capped by survival?

edit: nvm just checked with a new character. It's not.
ogey

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?