Grand List of Simple Questions

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Grand List of Simple Questions

Postby mvgulik » Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:19 pm

Codemanny wrote:How many more days into summer until trees fully grow back and start producing seeds again? This is getting a little silly.

It's day 9 now. Surely by day 10 we'll finally start getting seeds again?

Its a random process - starting from the first day of summer. Just like snow-fall in winter, just slower.
Look around and you will find trees with seeds and fruits.
mvgulik

Postby JinxDevona » Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:27 am

Are there still Chieftain and can they still oath people in? If not, is there any new way to oath people in from same account? (I tried using vanilla and client, it logs me out of the first to log in to the second)

(Yes, yes, I know I should know better, but I honestly forgot...lol)
Sorry for the less common point of view, but it is the only one I have ;P
JinxDevona

Postby vatas » Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:37 am

JinxDevona wrote:Are there still Chieftain and can they still oath people in? If not, is there any new way to oath people in from same account? (I tried using vanilla and client, it logs me out of the first to log in to the second)

Put alt in permissions group that has "Accept oaths" checked. (Kith&Kin window, Village tab.)
Attachments
java_lzeywOzRRW.png
java_lzeywOzRRW.png (5.7 KiB) Viewed 250 times
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby JinxDevona » Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:54 pm

vatas wrote:
JinxDevona wrote:Are there still Chieftain and can they still oath people in? If not, is there any new way to oath people in from same account? (I tried using vanilla and client, it logs me out of the first to log in to the second)

Put alt in permissions group that has "Accept oaths" checked. (Kith&Kin window, Village tab.)

Thank you. I saw this menu, but cannot see how to get alts into it. Is it just enough to have them in purple in kin group and then a purple group in village to accept oaths along with other permissions even if it shows no one in group?
JinxDevona

Postby vatas » Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:40 pm

Kin list and village management have their own separate color-based groupings, you can change the villager's color group by clicking their name in the villager list. (Should be available to at least the Lawspeaker and most likely to people with "Grant priviledges" -priviledge.)
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby JinxDevona » Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:07 pm

I'm not sure if I made my question clear (I do that ;) ). I am looking for a way for a lawspeaker to oath in players from the same account. I messed up and am trying to find a way to repair the damage. I was hoping there were still Chieftains because I could raise a new character on alt account, have lawspeaker make her chieftain, then use chieftain to get the other characters oathed (Could save 30,000 points and keep the authority gained.) At this point the only option I am seeing is to raise character on alt account to lawspeaker, renounce the main account lawspeaker, and need an extra 30,000 points to take the village with the new alt account lawspeaker. *Sighes* I forgot how unforgiving this game can be sometimes, but I still love it.
JinxDevona

Postby vatas » Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:33 am

Just create alt on another account, oath it to village and put it in permissions group with "Accept Oaths" checked. No other titles required.

vatas

Postby JinxDevona » Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:56 am

vatas wrote:Just create alt on another account, oath it to village and put it in permissions group with "Accept Oaths" checked. No other titles required.

Okay I got it. The "Accept oaths" was throwing me off. So with that checked, any villager can oath people in. Thank you to those that tried to help me...lol.
JinxDevona

Postby Troll_Shroom » Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:21 am

Where wound I find the sound file for the part of character creation where one enters the fire & screams? The scream in particular. Would like to use it for an alarm clock.
Troll_Shroom

Postby meus » Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:47 pm

Planting an Olive - does it require any extra conditions?

I've been trying to plant sprouted olive trees on Beech Grove, Root Bosk, Green Brake, just like other trees - but with no success.
Is it only possible on a specific terrain, for example? Thanks.

P.S. I got the sprout from an Olive, not from an Olive Kernel - but still got an Olive Sprout in the pot.
meus

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?