I haven't entered a swamp yet

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

I haven't entered a swamp yet

Postby SavageFox » Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:38 am

I'm scared to get hit by Swamp Fever

the wiki entry on it makes me think this stuff is just as bad as nuclear waste I'm worried I get hit by that stuff and there will be nothing I can do to save my character I can't kill snakes

its growth rate worse than the snake bite wound cuz the last time I got hit by a snake bite one of them took 90% of my health away before it stopped growing and none of my characters have ever survived more than two bites and the wiki entry makes it look worse than a snake bite
SavageFox

Re: I haven't entered a swamp yet

Postby ErdTod » Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:05 am

Avoid getting bit my midges and you'll be fine.
ErdTod

Postby ogey » Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:22 am

You can trample snakes, you don't actually need to fight them. The real problem for most people is finding a lot of them.
ogey

Postby Sevenless » Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:29 am

SavageFox wrote:I'm scared to get hit by Swamp Fever

the wiki entry on it makes me think this stuff is just as bad as nuclear waste I'm worried I get hit by that stuff and there will be nothing I can do to save my character I can't kill snakes

its growth rate worse than the snake bite wound cuz the last time I got hit by a snake bite one of them took 90% of my health away before it stopped growing and none of my characters have ever survived more than two bites and the wiki entry makes it look worse than a snake bite

When it first came out, it was worse than snake bites. It has been nerfed notably. If you can make snake juice (clover wild horse>walk over snake to kill them, salt water, honey) you will only get up to maybe 20-30hhp damage tops.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby SavageFox » Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:04 pm

thanks for the advice
SavageFox

Postby WowGain » Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:53 pm

snakes are piss easy to kill, you dont even need a horse

just drag a cart over their head and pick up the wrung out corpse
W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

Postby Szat » Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:52 pm

Swamp fever isn't invariably lethal without treatment, but getting it stacked from lingering there could be really dangerous. If you can be in and out of the swamp quick and avoid midges, you'll probably be fine. If you plan to loiter there for hours to gather two million candleberries for wax for a mine hole...I'd reconsider
Szat

Return to How do I?