Bee skep question

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Bee skep question

Postby Gables » Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:47 pm

Hello, for a bee skep to produce beeswax, does it need to be left alone while producing honey in order to spawn, or can you harvest the honey with a bucket without interrupting the production of beeswax? Also, how long does it take in general to get one beeswax? I haven't had a single one spawn this spring despite having crops planted.
Gables

Re: Bee skep question

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:58 am

it's a question of how much work its doing in a given period of time. Not enough work, and there wont' be enough production to get wax. Either cut down the number of hives, or plant more crops that bees will pollinate. You are safe to harvest the honey without having an effect on further wax production.

The hive will produce a small amount of wax over time even if there isn't enough pollination going on, but it's very slow.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Re: Bee skep question

Postby SavageFox » Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:02 am

the more crops within the radius of the Beehive the more likelihood you'll get wax more frequently they have to be growing if they're done growing it won't change anything for the beehive

if you have the Beehive around fast growing plants the results are usually more wax but not always

I recommend surrounding a beehive with weed/hemp

a fun little trick turn on the mine support radius it works for beehives to for some reason cuz they both have the radius under the toggles tab
SavageFox

Return to How do I?