Find missing build window for granary

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Find missing build window for granary

Postby Dondy » Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:49 pm

I can place the granary and see the construction site, but I don't get the window that shows how much of the materials have already been built into the construction (zero in this case) and gives me the option to build it.

I can build other things and see their build windows, such as building beehives.

I have done a restart.

I have checked carefully that it is not hiding behind any other game windows I might have open. The only other game window I have open is my inventory full of materials.

What the hell am I doing wrong?
Dondy

Re: Find missing build window for granary

Postby mvgulik » Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:14 pm

Not possible with vanilla client. (ergo: some custom client, of which there are more than one)

Assuming Ender client.
If you have access to a granary. Open it and move that "Granary" window away from the top-left borders. The build window uses the same granary-saved upper-left-window position.

If that fails. (close client, to be save). Open the Ender "windows.json" file. Find the "Granary" entry. Set its X and Y values to 1. (save file), (start client), ...
mvgulik

Postby loftar » Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:04 pm

Can you verify whether this happens on the default client?
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Dondy » Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:05 am

It does not happen with default, it only happened with Ender. Thank you mvgulik.

That was a very simple fix and there is a brand new granary now. I just logged in on vanilla and built it.
Dondy

Return to How do I?