Grass when surveying?

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Grass when surveying?

Postby Sephiron » Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:59 pm

So my claim is on some frustratingly uneven terrain super inland- Subsequently I started surveying and noticed on the minimap that it's so obvious there's someone living out here, because of the square patch of dirt, and I'm worried that it will draw unnecessary attention from passer-bys. Is there a chance that the surrounding biome will 'reclaim' this dirt patch over time?
Sephiron

Re: Grass when surveying?

Postby JinxDevona » Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:08 pm

Yes, but it can take a while. If you have extra seeds you can use them to "lay grass" in the same menu as laying stone etc. It still might take time before the public map shows the updated changes.
Last edited by JinxDevona on Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sorry for the less common point of view, but it is the only one I have ;P
JinxDevona

Postby loftar » Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:43 pm

JinxDevona wrote:It still might take time before the map shows the updated changes.

It might? That's not my experience, or are you referring to the public map sites?
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby JinxDevona » Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:26 pm

loftar wrote:
JinxDevona wrote:It still might take time before the map shows the updated changes.

It might? That's not my experience, or are you referring to the public map sites?

Oh, yes, good point, I was thinking of the big public maps.
Sorry for the less common point of view, but it is the only one I have ;P
JinxDevona

Postby Sephiron » Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:32 pm

JinxDevona wrote:Yes, but it can take a while. If you have extra seeds you can use them to "lay grass" in the same menu as laying stone etc. It still might take time before the public map shows the updated changes.

Thanks! I was considering laying some grass, but I'm afraid my giant dirt square will just turn into a giant 'Grass' (Bright green) square, instead of being reincorporated into the surrounding biome. It is what it is. I don't think I can stay hidden forever
Sephiron

Postby SavageFox » Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:31 am

if you're not in a very active area the odds of your base being discovered or very low my first base still doesn't show up on the world map

as long as you're not next to a river or the ocean it'll be pretty much safe
SavageFox

Postby Mr_Bober » Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:54 pm

JinxDevona wrote:If you have extra seeds you can use them to "lay grass" in the same menu as laying stone etc.

Speaking of lay grass, it would be great if there was a way to lay the same kind of grass there's in the biome you're building on. Otherwise it's just as easy to spot as dirt patches
Mr_Bober

Postby MadNomad » Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:33 pm

JinxDevona wrote:It still might take time before the public map shows the updated changes.

or never happen
MadNomad

Postby Sephiron » Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:16 am

Yea, biome mostly reclaimed everything but I ended up paving around my farm cells and other places anyway. At this point it doesn't even matter anymore; I'm safe now, and palisade is getting stronger. I am in an active area, but the only one who knows we're here is my friendly neighbor who barely plays and doesn't have much
Sephiron

Return to How do I?