Trading Tips

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Trading Tips

Postby yeuyoga » Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:53 am

It's been a few world's since I've played(legacy).

We were able to easily teleport to the village idol of who we were trading with, I don't believe this is possible anymore.

What's the method of transporting 2 cupboards full of valuable items across the map multiple times a day?

Also, any tips/advice to trading are appreciated
yeuyoga

Re: Trading Tips

Postby Electronic_Arts » Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:25 am

Currently the options for teleporting are:

Thingwalls, regional structures you discover and can teleport between at the expense of travel weariness. Also you must travel to them.
Roads, which you need to build from point A to point B, and clear of obstructions, and then can teleport between either end at the expense of travel weariness.

No more charterstones between villages unfortunately.

So options are those above, combined with your personal flavor of walking, riding, and boating. It's a big reason trade has strongly diminished since W10, the last world with even moderate travel abilities.
Electronic_Arts

Postby Regnurr » Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:55 am

For bulk items you want a Snekja or a Knarr with a dock to teleport back to and it must have access to the ocean by either being on the shore or being on a river that can path into it. This means that deep inland, you are safer from bigger, stronger, scarier factions because transit and trade relies heavily on access to the high seas. Any river system not connected to the ocean means any Knarr or Snekja built on it cannot get to the ocean as far as I can tell so far.

Otherwise a rowboat with two chests is really the limit on thingwall transit, some trade stops have public beds of high quality that restore travel weariness faster. All of this means that goods must move along the open world more and spends time in areas where it can actually be stolen or gives bandits an option.

If you want to trade, take into account these river positions by planning accordingly on the world map.

The better access to trade nodes you have the less safe you are, but the more rewarding it can be if trade is active. Generally it is worth the risk. Wagons can also use wagon stations to fast travel but require more setup arguably than getting your first Snekja does, as you need tamed animals.

There is a market utility here which lists current trades and for what items or currency.

From my personal perspective, I've traded more after the travel changes than before, but that's probably due to having less valued items in the past and the lack of organized shops.
Regnurr

Postby SavageFox » Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:13 pm

trading is definitely a lot easier now I recommend building a harbor by the ocean not necessarily live there cuz it is dangerous to live by the ocean and get yourself a sailboat you can lock a sailboat items are not protected inside it though but the boat itself can't be taken without the key

the best choice for Speed
Snekja it's faster in all water but very deep water

best choice for cargo
Knarr they move faster in very deep water but you don't want to enter very deep water cuz you take damage

I think all major markets in the future will be by the ocean so expect all trade to be in those places in the future
SavageFox

Return to How do I?