Can logs degrade when sitting in a cart in the wilderness.

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Can logs degrade when sitting in a cart in the wilderness.

Postby GenghisKhan44 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:20 pm

Someone abandoned a whole ton of logs in the wilderness on a claim that has expired. I wonder if I can just make a shit ton of carts out of logs I don't want or need and puts logs I do want on the carts to keep them from rotting into mirkwood.

Not that it matters much, but I am curious.
"...the dungeon and shackles are already at my threshold to show me here and now my eternal disgrace. Only you can work the miracle to make life possible for a soul so imperiled by doubt, O Atoner for all, exalted beyond saying." - St. Gregory of Narek, Book of Lamentations, Prayer 1.

You are much loved! Love in return!
GenghisKhan44

Re: Can logs degrade when sitting in a cart in the wildernes

Postby Phaen » Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:57 pm

Wouldn't it be less work to just claim the logs? That prevents decay
Phaen

Postby GenghisKhan44 » Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:24 pm

Phaen wrote:Wouldn't it be less work to just claim the logs? That prevents decay

I didn't know it did, and that's a good tip. I'm still curious about my hypothetical.
"...the dungeon and shackles are already at my threshold to show me here and now my eternal disgrace. Only you can work the miracle to make life possible for a soul so imperiled by doubt, O Atoner for all, exalted beyond saying." - St. Gregory of Narek, Book of Lamentations, Prayer 1.

GenghisKhan44

Postby Aihal » Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:37 pm

I don't think objects would take decay damage in the cart, but the cart would decay long before the logs would have turned to mirkwood. Mirkwood takes quite a long time in my experience.
Aihal

Postby GenghisKhan44 » Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:58 pm

Aihal wrote:I don't think objects would take decay damage in the cart, but the cart would decay long before the logs would have turned to mirkwood. Mirkwood takes quite a long time in my experience.

I meant logs turning into mirkwood, not mirkwood decaying into nothing.

GenghisKhan44

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:09 pm

GenghisKhan44 wrote:I meant logs turning into mirkwood, not mirkwood decaying into nothing.

That I know of, mirkwood logs and stumps don't decay. They're more likely to be hauled off for building or curios.

Aihal wrote:I don't think objects would take decay damage in the cart, but the cart would decay long before the logs would have turned to mirkwood. Mirkwood takes quite a long time in my experience.

30-45 days from what I've seen, though it can take longer as it a random process.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby mvgulik » Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:38 pm

>>Decay: They're more likely to be hauled off for building or curios.

To get rid of that potential variant in tree, logs and stump behavior observations ... an extended village claim, +palisade, that encloses an unclaimed area should do the trick.
mvgulik

Return to How do I?