Trying to improve a deck for PVE fighting.

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Trying to improve a deck for PVE fighting.

Postby Buddy7787 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:44 am

So I feel like I've hit a wall in combat progression, I can work through an ant dungeon and kill moose and all but I found the bat dungeon to be too much, at least I couldn't close openings and full circle at them. I've been using shields up as a stance to hopefully over stat melee enough to have a block weight that lets me shrug off more attacks and prevent armor wear somewhat. In previous worlds I tried some other stances but not sure about them atm, everything is a trade off. My combat flow is generally using quick barrage sine its pretty fast and eventually gens IP, then I spend it for opportunity knocks when I'm in a group or to just let full circle deal actual damage. The synergy of other moves just hasn't grasped me yet so I'm at loss, am I just doing things wrong?
Buddy7787

Re: Trying to improve a deck for PVE fighting.

Postby wonder-ass » Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:19 am

Bat dungeon was designed in w10 meaning it was designed for characters 10k+. Doing it with a group is almost mandatory.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby MadNomad » Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:26 pm

wonder-ass wrote:Bat dungeon was designed in w10 meaning it was designed for characters 10k+

does it mean that if it was designed in w11 it would be designed for characters 11K+? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
MadNomad

Postby Nightdawg » Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:18 pm

You can SOLO ant dungeons with 50 stats.
People couldn't 6-man bat dungeons in w10 with 10k stats I heard?

Bat dungeons are cancerous and extremely stupid. Don't even think about bat dungeons.

So no, you're not doing anything wrong. Also in case you're not doing this already: cheese everything. You don't have to take any damage from animals. Use boats, cliffs, cave entrances, bows, whatever. Game is intended for you to exploit pve combat in whatever way you can.
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby Zyean » Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:36 pm

Bat dungeons arnt anywhere near as bad as they used to be, beaver dungeons are 100% harder than bat dungeons now

That being said you can still get bat dungeon rooms that are tougher, so youll need higher stats to solo those

For bat dungeons aoe is king, youll want to use storm of swords to open yellow and full circle for damage, dont bother with qb for openings/ip if you can, just kite and take aim twice for the IP needed, for the boss youll still want OP knocks
Zyean

Postby Nightdawg » Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:52 pm

Zyean wrote:Bat dungeons arnt anywhere near as bad as they used to be, beaver dungeons are 100% harder than bat dungeons now

That being said you can still get bat dungeon rooms that are tougher, so youll need higher stats to solo those

For bat dungeons aoe is king, youll want to use storm of swords to open yellow and full circle for damage, dont bother with qb for openings/ip if you can, just kite and take aim twice for the IP needed, for the boss youll still want OP knocks

Bat dungeon rooms literally generate with 5 purple bats that spawn infinite amounts of lesser bats?
Idk if you're trying to get noobs killed or something.
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby Zyean » Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:51 pm

Nightdawg wrote:
Zyean wrote:Bat dungeons arnt anywhere near as bad as they used to be, beaver dungeons are 100% harder than bat dungeons now

Bat dungeon rooms literally generate with 5 purple bats that spawn infinite amounts of lesser bats?
Idk if you're trying to get noobs killed or something.

This was changed so it no longer infinitely spawns bats that infinite spawn bats towards the end of last world, theyre not really a big problem anymore but theyre a step up from ant dungeons
Zyean

Postby Apocoreo » Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:30 pm

Bat dungeons are hard yeah but the real danger is the fucking cliffs lol
i like game grumps

#1 Moloch acolyte
Apocoreo

Return to How do I?