So how do I eat efficiently now?

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: So how do I eat efficiently now?

Postby LtTurtleshot » Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:42 pm

As a hermit, I like to just craft 4 to 8 of everything and eat all of it in one go. Tryharding the whole process ruins the fun anyway. It's more fun to just roleplay it out.
LtTurtleshot

Re: So how do I eat efficiently now?

Postby vatas » Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:37 pm

Just came back months of hiatus and ended up gorging my fighter from 0% hunger to 45,496%. Unfortunately I didn't take "before" screencap from my attributes so I have no idea how efficient I was.

However, remembering how I usually eat I'd actually active against chasing the dragon that is 100% efficient eating cause you'll end up spending so much time calculating and theorycrafting, you'll burn yourself out. Not saying you shouldn't do both in moderation. What I'm saying is that I ended up being in a near-permanent state where my hunger bars are about to drop to zero and that's worst kind of waste.

I'm leaning towards avoiding multiple foods per bar if possible (unlesss you love doing math), just figure out several good foods that one-shot you, and try not to feel too wasteful if it overshots a bit -this just means you can eat more of it until satiation kicks in. (Couple of bars, I ended up eating something that only filled me halfway and eating really inefficient foods to fill it up without overkill.=

However if you end up with 95%-99% filled FEP bar, you should definitely finish it off with some 0.5% base hunger berries, as for the second food the variety bonus is still quite potent. (it was nerfed to be less effective for every consecutive different food, resetting every bar.)
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Previous

Return to How do I?