How do I increase my LP/h efficiently midgame?

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

How do I increase my LP/h efficiently midgame?

Postby Pommfritz » Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:24 am

Hi so earlygame with 10-100 attention I was looking a lot at the lp/h/weight stat because my attention was limited and I wanted to fill it up as efficiently as i could which worked out ok for me with the stuff I could forage. Now at 150+ attention I started crafting a few cupboards full of curios and my goal was to spend less time foraging and have as much attention as I need to only focus on the LP/h number however I'm usually stuck at like 150 attention unless I get some cave angler lights and not sure how to efficiently get better curios to fill it up.
When I look at the wiki it's not so clear what the best curios are usually because they change a lot with quality but I figured out the few I could make good quality of and crafted them.

what are some curios that fill my attention of 250-350 mid to lategame that I can have access to consistently?
Maybe you got some tips for me. I think most important is that the aquisition is quite easy, like crafting a cupboard of x or to usually have enough of them because you are in the area and can forage enough on the side while doing other things like glimmermoss or gems.

this is what it looks like for me on average:

I probably won't run out of dust jewel gems any time soon xd the others are getting low I also have a few chests full of mirkwood offerings and feather trinkets that I made when raiding some bases ^^ but they tend to get less optimal the more attention you have and mirkwoods waste a lot of exp.
flotsam is not a very consistent one that I have, edelweiss neither and the crab claw is for a credo.
Pommfritz

Re: How do I increase my LP/h efficiently midgame?

Postby meus » Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:56 am

I don't know if you've tried it already, but: https://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Scholarly_Account

It's limited to one being studied at a time, but you can still shrink a large curio into a 1x1 and probably enhance the LP gain per slot further.

Most large curios come from hunting, but there are also easy to craft via farming, like for example, with good 1x2 Straw Dolls shrank into 1x1. You may need to involve a few characters with Scholar credo to craft those however.
meus

Postby telum12 » Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:07 pm

meus wrote:I don't know if you've tried it already, but: https://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Scholarly_Account

It's limited to one being studied at a time, but you can still shrink a large curio into a 1x1 and probably enhance the LP gain per slot further.

Most large curios come from hunting, but there are also easy to craft via farming, like for example, with good 1x2 Straw Dolls shrank into 1x1. You may need to involve a few characters with Scholar credo to craft those however.

Post-nerf scholarly accounts get divided by size so it's not really good any more.
MagicManICT wrote:To me, being called a pedo is exactly like being called gay.

Jalpha wrote:She must have been in heat bro. She was literally fanging for it. Literally posting repeatedly in chat, in all caps "DO IT! POST YOUR DICK! THERE'S NO WAY IT'S 7 INCHES!"

How could any hot-blooded male deny such a request under the circumstances.
telum12

Postby pawnchito » Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:15 pm

Wtf are those parchment papers on the cupboards? Dude that is game changing is that a thing or mod?
pawnchito

Postby Nightdawg » Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:16 pm

pawnchito wrote:Wtf are those parchment papers on the cupboards? Dude that is game changing is that a thing or mod?

one of the recent updates
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=71694

Pommfritz wrote:How do I increase my LP/h

Our philosophy has been, and remains, that we – rather than spend our time fighting losing battles – should focus on building a better game with fewer incentives to bot. We try to take botting as a sign of a broken game mechanic, rather than as a sign of broken players.

Just bot whales.
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby Sevenless » Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:42 pm

Whale curios and burning XP on contemplation is a big part of mid/endgame optimal LP. Unfortunately, a reasonable supply of such usually requires scout bots to acquire (or a dedication to insanity).
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby pawnchito » Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:13 am

I think Easter eggs are an easy way to buff your lp that casuals can mass produce and have a lenghty study time. All of the seers stuff is good, like the stones and the spindel are all like 1 day study times with close to 1k at high q . bug collections are nice as well with 6 bugs they can get tasty lp /h . You should also maybe think about making a dedicated intel set you can throw on that can double your intel. throw on all your study items, then throw on regular equip and continue along your day or whatever.
pawnchito

Postby Pommfritz » Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:33 am

Seems like you have to be good at programming :D :D

I didn't want to reply here before I have done some research myself and this list is ofc a bit individually tailored to me.
For example I don't have access to whales atm and I got some good tools that I have traded that push the qualities from smithing.

This would be my best study table atm with somewhat average qualty items that are sustainable.

A few of those items I need to test ofc, like no idea how much a quicksilver globe is going to hurt me xD Also there are a lot items in the 7-800lp/h range for me right now like Scent Glands, Easter Eggs, the Seer's stuff that got mentioned here and also I didn't list gems since I'll use them when I have them but it's hard to put down an average number for them. So if something is very annoying I'd just replace that. My plan is to minimize the effort here and mostly fill my study table with items I come across anyway so I'm fine hitting 15k lp/h but just clicking a few buttons each week or so.
All this stuff changes a bit when I can hunt whales tho xd My Knarr is probably ready just before winter. rip xd
edit: Oh and also I would need to get 150 int from somewhere xd

Thanks for your input guys

edit2:
pawnchito wrote:You should also maybe think about making a dedicated intel set you can throw on that can double your intel. throw on all your study items, then throw on regular equip and continue along your day or whatever.

yea I was thinking about that for a while, I got some occult rings from somewhere which help a lot, the rest of the int gear I want to make when my tailor credo is ready and then upgrade my rings once I find fkn gold -,-
Pommfritz

Postby Pommfritz » Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:07 pm

the test round is going pretty well :D

also figured I can study flipper bones at the same time as I study the deep sea atavism, so that's nice for lazy people xd
and most of the curios are coming from caves or mining which is kind of in the same place
Pommfritz

Postby ZoddAlmighty » Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:54 pm

Glimmermoss is an amazing curio early game, but, towards the end game, Colored marbles or Snow Globes are much better than having a short runing curio like that.
ZoddAlmighty

Next

Return to How do I?