How do I kill a troll solo?

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

How do I kill a troll solo?

Postby Pommfritz » Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:54 pm

So after my other threads this is obviously the next one :D I know a troll location on the upper levels and wonder if there is any way to cheese it or to at least fight it but have a very little chance of dying so I can figure things out?
Pommfritz

Re: How do I kill a troll solo?

Postby Asgaroth22 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:27 am

Get a decent bow&arrows, lure it with an alt to an existing minehole / build another next to it. Proceed as follows:
1. go down the ladder
2. shoot troll
3. go up the ladder
4. repeat steps 1-3 until troll dead
“The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”

Douglas Adams

W3-W13 - mostly hermit, with a few brief periods as a crafter/farmer to various villages
Asgaroth22

Postby Pommfritz » Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:56 am

thanks I'll try, should I wear a miner's helm just in case? :D
Pommfritz

Postby DoctorCookie » Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:28 am

When you do this, and it does work, stand out from the ladder before taking a shot. The troll can see the ladder as blocking and cave in on you.
DoctorCookie

Postby SnuggleSnail » Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:50 am

Mine out a little doughnut and run it around in a circle. You're faster than it. Pave the doughnut for your first few times while you're getting the hang of it. Hit it once, then kite it while clearing ALL of your openings(even hitting you at like 7/3 will give wounds). Use dash for that. Will be way faster than the other methods people suggest and it will prevent me from thinking of you as a pussy, but if you fuck up even slightly you'll probably die. Oh, make sure it has nothing to clip on/get blocked by or it will randomly kill you in a cavein
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby Nightdawg » Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:44 am

Use a bow or something

It'll take about 3 business days to kill the troll though
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby Pommfritz » Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:27 am

Man I was peacefully crafting my rangers bow, 3 quivers full of metal arrows and some MM gear and Snail trys to kill me again xD

ok

The doughnut mining part took like 2 hours tho xd this was my doughnut:

tbh it was really easy, I practised just running with my miner beforehand and then took my main.
take aim until 20ish ip, 2-3 KITO -> op knock to 75% and then cleave all while kiting with dash. Was a lvl 3 troll and after 3 cleaves he ran away which was awkward so I had to start mining again xd

and lmao 3x the size of a cart btw:

q90 xd
Pommfritz

Postby SnuggleSnail » Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:35 am

Your doughnut only really needs to be like 2/3 tiles wide. I've done it in 1 tile wides a bunch of times, but they're really liable to clip on stuff and murder you.

Something like this should be a bit quicker to mine. TBH, killing trolls is really easy but I'd recommend against doing it too much. If the server lags or something they will occasionally cavein on you regardless of how open their space is. Or your internet/power could go out, or your client could crash. If a troll KOs you you're probably going to die. IMO, even if the risk is legit < 1% it's not really worth it outside of learning to do it for the novelty, since it's basically completely out of your control.

GL tho most ppl r 2 pussy
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby Pommfritz » Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:43 am

Yea I thoguht it's probably going to be a little too big but if it's that big there is like almost no chance I'm going to die unless I don't drink for 30 seconds on speed 3 lol (or server lag/dc ofc). One thing that was odd was when I was luring it with my miner and went up the ladder while having aggro my miner got like 30 dmg when he climbed up without any cave in, if this happens with bow this would also kinda suck xd but idk how many hit's I'd need I had prepared a q125 rbow and q250 metal arrows.

Dash was btw a really good tip, would have been aids with normal defenses
Pommfritz

Postby Nightdawg » Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:03 am

Pommfritz wrote:Man I was peacefully crafting my rangers bow, 3 quivers full of metal arrows and some MM gear and Snail trys to kill me again xD

I assure you his method won't get you killed... if you trust me more than him.
As long as you don't mess up, ofc.

But 99% of the cases it won't be you messing up, it'll be the troll AI being retarded, the server being retarded, the game being retarded, or all of the above.
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Next

Return to How do I?