How do I kill a troll solo?

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: How do I kill a troll solo?

Postby wonder-ass » Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:23 am

GJ bro u did what most fighters are too afraid to do.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby Pommfritz » Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:26 pm

thx ! just made the troll belt finally, feels fucking good :D

wts troll belt for token btw xd
Pommfritz

Postby Pommfritz » Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:39 am

another one :D
was using a 3 tile wide doughnut this time and tried to trigger cave ins with a naked alt before to make sure everything is safe when I run around corners etc. At the end when the troll starts running you can use the peaceful trick so it comes right back, easy. It's a bit more scary with a lvl 7 troll tho because fights take longer and I got a few lags inbetween runs which kind of sucked.

edit: I got an eye now please someone do something funny xd
Pommfritz

Postby Vigilance » Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:03 am

hey man i'm really proud of you you're coming a long way, glad you didn't bother with the bow (especially rbow, that sounds really awful.)

i think the only times ive ever seen anyone die donut kiting a troll is if they're actually retarded/bad or if they make a really really bad user error (i've seen trollex do a goof a couple times, the most egregious was when he tried to drink 0.03 of springwater he'd forgotten in a skin and his drink script wigged out and the troll murdered the character he was using)

you can def get fucked up by the server as posted here, early this world when it was very congested a troll i was testing with would throw caveins over the slightest clip (rats/bats, for instance) and when i sent dzorb a pm it was basically a "working as intended" iirc. i've seen snail kite a troll in a ring of tunnels before successfully, and also seen him do it and get roasted because the troll spent marginally too long re-pathing to him. fortunately this was the world where they didnt want to just infinitely boulder you when you KO, iirc.

i used to entertain myself by collecting trolls with a hermit character and then killing them as i wanted a bit of a thrill (boring world) on one of my MC toons, but I was fully prepared for that character to die at any point. on one instance i made a mistake and got hit on 28/28 for about half of my HHP with okay armor. not shp, raw hhp. they have some certain moves you'll want to avoid that basically force you to cheese them to get a legit kill unless you DPS-check them (which is ill advised because of the whole "the server can decide to kill you" point)

paving the donut makes it infinitely easier, but you don't have to pave it if you're good at stam/water management.
"Tosak gets the guys undressed faster than their girlfriends can." -NaoWhut
http://i.imgur.com/5cQiL.png http://i.imgur.com/lYyAA.png
Vigilance

Postby Pommfritz » Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:54 pm

Thanks for the nice words man :D

Troll fights are the most fun so far because you can sort of outskill the encounter rather than standing in a safe spot and hitting it until it dies with the same outcome = you don't take damage if you do it right. It also teaches you some valueable stuff like running and drinking which relate to pvp. I haven't experienced any cave in from the troll yet but as I read it, it caves in and you get KO'd and then it just keeps caving in until you die? As good and fun as the fight is, this is an absolutely retarded mechanic, you litterally get one shot killed if something (not even you) fucks up there is also no way of going blind into the encounter and learning to kill it without any information beforehand and sacroficing a few alts :D I'd really like the devs to rethink this part of the encounter
Pommfritz

Postby ToryBlaker » Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:37 am

Get a bow and an arrow, lure it with an alt to an existing mine-hole.
Build another next to it.
Proceed as follows:
1. go down the ladder
2. shoot troll
3. go up the ladder
4. repeat steps 1-3 until troll dead.
ToryBlaker

Postby WowGain » Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:25 am

ToryBlaker wrote:Get a bow and an arrow, lure it with an alt to an existing mine-hole.
Build another next to it.
Proceed as follows:
1. go down the ladder
2. shoot troll
3. go up the ladder
4. repeat steps 1-3 until troll dead.

donut method better
W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord