How do I get high quality metal?

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

How do I get high quality metal?

Postby Pommfritz » Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:52 pm

Yo I want to figure out if it's possible for me to get high quality steel.
Atm I have like 5-700 q130ish cast iron bars
a few hundered q100-140 ore
q350 anvil, q300 hammer, q370 pickaxe
smelter q260
finery forge q189
and steel cruicible only q131 (didn't bother to upgrade yet)
lvl 7 mine (but got mats for lvl 8 and 9 I think)

most of those things above are traded, looted or gifted and I usually just went mining to clear some silver nodes or get copper for curios xd
I really don't enjoy mining much unless I find silver/gold or high quality ore. mostly it's blind mining as well because I just went to deeper levels and can't be bothered to clear the levels above to prospect, it's quite boring to find trash ore or to mine stone xd The last time I needed new armor I just took my bwall steel and made q200 stuff but I want to make a q350 or so b12.
I know that there is metal spiraling but idk if it's a waste of time with the bars that I have and if I should just try to get higher quality ore instead, no idea what's more efficient.
How high quality is good cast iron ore on the deeper levels? can it hit q400+ or is it more about shoving thousands of shitty bars into the forge and critting it up?
Also how much str do I need for lvl 9? I know it can be quite random but how much str do I need to mine it rather comfortably?

Since I haven't really been worring about mining my miner has fallen behind quite a lot, my main has like 5x the str of my miner at this point but no miner credo ^^ I'm not sure if I should switch to mining with my main but that would require doing the credo and it's the 9th credo already xd(would also be the better char to fight random stuff on lvl 9) Could also just push str on the miner, it's probably fast to get it to 1k+ with what I have now.
Pommfritz

Re: How do I get high quality metal?

Postby Phaen » Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:09 am

Don't think there is metal spiraling anymore
Phaen

Postby DoctorCookie » Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:15 am

You need to find high q ore, that simple.
DoctorCookie

Postby Pommfritz » Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:12 am

oh ok xd
Pommfritz

Postby Vigilance » Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:10 am

yeah its literally gonna come down to "Mine L9 with the best tool you can get and pray" nowadays
its pretty ass, easily the least enjoyable mining loop because you're actually just swinging in the dark. it feels a lot to me now like it used to feel just mining for gold/silver because i'm specifically looking for coade mats, or specifically looking for X q iron etc, to the point where even finding actual gold/silver I'm discouraged and couldn't care any less about it. save some of your best ore to re-burn in newer installments of infrastructure, etc.

basically, at this stage of the world, don't give a shit about anything whatsoever until L8-L9 because previous upper limits are garbo and you can find 7's upper limit drifting around nab camps.
"Tosak gets the guys undressed faster than their girlfriends can." -NaoWhut
http://i.imgur.com/5cQiL.png http://i.imgur.com/lYyAA.png
Vigilance

Postby Pommfritz » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:38 pm

Yea that's what I did so far - I just cared to get to a deeper level because why not if I have the mats. I said that I have the mats for lvl 8-9 in the op but that's not true I forgot I don't have potter's clay so I'm doing the credo on my alt atm but seems to be easy I have looted enough pit/cave clay that I can probably instantly go to lvl 9. In a perfect world I'd get the potter credo on my main and then miner and cave hermit xD but that's just so unrealistic. I'm about to finish strider which is my 8th credo so everything afterwards will be a pain in the ass and I also want nomad and if it's as op as I think for pvp then wandering sage lmao xd (less stamina drain when walking). I don't even want the potter credo on my miner because it's just so out of the way of the miner path to get this credo so my crafter/ farmer is doing it now and after crafting 100 potter's clay he has a useless credo xd

that screenshot looks juicy man :D I haven't found a single gold ore in my mine yet but from mining others leftovers and looting I got about 20 bars together :D helped me a lot with trading
Pommfritz

Postby Miss_Min » Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:39 am

Given that you already have access to a mine, the mining credos will be easy. Start drying your batwings now!

(Small disclaimer: I did Mystic as my fifth credo. I think every non-Mystic-chain credo is easy.)
Miss_Min

Postby Pommfritz » Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:16 am

yea I got the miner credo on my miner
Pommfritz

Return to How do I?