How do i avoid getting killed

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

How do i avoid getting killed

Postby goldenage » Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:23 am

So, every time i meet snail i die.
Boom. You are dead.
5k str in your face, dear hermit.

My question is:
Is there any value of constitution or armor that prevents you from dying in one go?
I'd really prefer to be KOed and port back home with low hp and heal for a week or two instead of being grave dead instantly.
goldenage

Re: How do i avoid getting killed

Postby wonder-ass » Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:38 am

fucking disgusting slug someone should kill her
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby SnuggleSnail » Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:08 am

Learn to run & defend. Worry about stats & gear later
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby goldenage » Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:24 am

SnuggleSnail wrote:Learn to run & defend. Worry about stats & gear later

Average hermit won't outrun you anyway.
You have tons of chasing experience and inventory full of water against a spooked hermit with one-two flasks.
And you only need to land like a few hits against a hermit with 500hp.
Last time it took less than a minute from full hp to death.

Question is not "how to outrun a snail".
goldenage

Postby telum12 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:38 am

goldenage wrote:
SnuggleSnail wrote:Learn to run & defend. Worry about stats & gear later

Average hermit won't outrun you anyway.
You have tons of chasing experience and inventory full of water against a spooked hermit with one-two flasks.
And you only need to land like a few hits against a hermit with 500hp.
Last time it took less than a minute from full hp to death.

Question is not "how to outrun a snail".

You’re a dumb dumb for not listening to advice. Your question wasn’t about avoiding a KO, but avoiding death.
MagicManICT wrote:To me, being called a pedo is exactly like being called gay.

Jalpha wrote:She must have been in heat bro. She was literally fanging for it. Literally posting repeatedly in chat, in all caps "DO IT! POST YOUR DICK! THERE'S NO WAY IT'S 7 INCHES!"

How could any hot-blooded male deny such a request under the circumstances.
telum12

Postby telum12 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:47 am

Assuming you’re not a dumb dumb going out with wounds, dying is really hard. There is a cap on SHP damage. iirc SHP=0.4*HHP damage capped by your max HHP per attack. Then, hitting at your last HHP results In max 0.4 + 0.4 from the rest of the attacks, or 0.8 of HHP. Then concussion adds a random SHP, but it usually doesn’t kill you. This is if everything happens optimally for the attacker.

Running and defending makes it rly hard to try for the optimal 0.4 on the last hit.

Y’all dying cus you’re bad and don’t want to get better, not because garen has 5k str
MagicManICT wrote:To me, being called a pedo is exactly like being called gay.

Jalpha wrote:She must have been in heat bro. She was literally fanging for it. Literally posting repeatedly in chat, in all caps "DO IT! POST YOUR DICK! THERE'S NO WAY IT'S 7 INCHES!"

How could any hot-blooded male deny such a request under the circumstances.
telum12

Postby goldenage » Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:00 am

telum12 wrote:Assuming you’re not a dumb dumb going out with wounds, dying is really hard. There is a cap on SHP damage. iirc SHP=0.4*HHP damage capped by your max HHP per attack. Then, hitting at your last HHP results In max 0.4 + 0.4 from the rest of the attacks, or 0.8 of HHP. Then concussion adds a random SHP, but it usually doesn’t kill you. This is if everything happens optimally for the attacker.

Running and defending makes it rly hard to try for the optimal 0.4 on the last hit.

Y’all dying cus you’re bad and don’t want to get better, not because garen has 5k str

To get better you need to practice, to practice you need a new character every time you failed to survive.
Quite time consuming task, you have to be really dedicated here.

Just got killed with 500hp and full health (no wounds).
It wasn't that hard to die in one go.
goldenage

Postby SnuggleSnail » Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:04 am

Well, if competency isn't a viable solution I think the only option left to achieve your goal is not logging in. An alternate approach to dying every practice session could be make a /single/ friend in this massive multiplayer online role playing game and practice running with them in spars
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby Pommfritz » Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:12 am

telum12 wrote:Assuming you’re not a dumb dumb going out with wounds, dying is really hard. There is a cap on SHP damage. iirc SHP=0.4*HHP damage capped by your max HHP per attack. Then, hitting at your last HHP results In max 0.4 + 0.4 from the rest of the attacks, or 0.8 of HHP. Then concussion adds a random SHP, but it usually doesn’t kill you. This is if everything happens optimally for the attacker.

that's without mrage I assume?
Pommfritz

Postby goldenage » Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:18 am

SnuggleSnail wrote:Well, if competency isn't a viable solution I think the only option left to achieve your goal is not logging in. Alternatively, you could just make a /single/ friend in this massive multiplayer online role playing game and practice running with them in spars

Is there any option to simulate HHP damage in a spar? I didn't find one, so seems to me spar is quite worthless as survival simulator.
And 'a single friend' has to be at least good as quarter of snail to really make the practice worthy.

So, there is no threshold of armor or constitution that makes you survive an attack against way more experienced player?
goldenage

Next

Return to How do I?