How do i avoid getting killed

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: How do i avoid getting killed

Postby SnuggleSnail » Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:22 am

RN without doing the math I'd imagine having about 4k AC+HP would make you near impossible to kill just from cleaves, which is a pretty unrealistic number, and that number would go up wildly if I increased my B12 Q.

Alternatively, if you're kindof okay but not really good at running 500-600 HP and 300-400 AC should make it practically impossible for anybody in UA equalization to kill you on their own.

I think you're over*estimating how hard it would be to find a sparring partner, or even the value of figuring out the combat system a bit with somebody else who doesn't really know it well. Pommfritz is pretty good but still wants to learn, I think. Why don't you ask to spar him.
Last edited by SnuggleSnail on Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby telum12 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:31 am

Pommfritz wrote:
telum12 wrote:Assuming you’re not a dumb dumb going out with wounds, dying is really hard. There is a cap on SHP damage. iirc SHP=0.4*HHP damage capped by your max HHP per attack. Then, hitting at your last HHP results In max 0.4 + 0.4 from the rest of the attacks, or 0.8 of HHP. Then concussion adds a random SHP, but it usually doesn’t kill you. This is if everything happens optimally for the attacker.

Running and defending makes it rly hard to try for the optimal 0.4 on the last hit.

Y’all dying cus you’re bad and don’t want to get better, not because garen has 5k str

that's without mrage I assume?

yeah, mrage adds to the grievous, but iirc you still need to hit the last hit properly to kill with mrage on. The exact numbers are in the patch notes for when they last changed grivous.

I think mrage is more a symptom of only like 2 pvp people actually logging in and running around right now.
MagicManICT wrote:To me, being called a pedo is exactly like being called gay.

Jalpha wrote:She must have been in heat bro. She was literally fanging for it. Literally posting repeatedly in chat, in all caps "DO IT! POST YOUR DICK! THERE'S NO WAY IT'S 7 INCHES!"

How could any hot-blooded male deny such a request under the circumstances.
telum12

Postby Pommfritz » Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:11 pm

if he always gets killed by Snail I guess it's with mrage :D

SnuggleSnail wrote:Pommfritz is pretty good but still wants to learn, I think. Why don't you ask to spar him.

Sure actually have never really practised chasing xd

Snail youtube pvp guides when
Pommfritz

Postby WowGain » Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:21 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:Pommfritz is pretty good but still wants to learn, I think. Why don't you ask to spar him.

tru, just did some the other day in valhalla w/ him and after only a couple matches i felt like i was starting to pick up on a better flow to strategizing in combat
W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

Postby goldenage » Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:23 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:RN without doing the math I'd imagine having about 4k AC+HP would make you near impossible to kill just from cleaves, which is a pretty unrealistic number, and that number would go up wildly if I increased my B12 Q.

Alternatively, if you're kindof okay but not really good at running 500-600 HP and 300-400 AC should make it practically impossible for anybody in UA equalization to kill you on their own.

I think you're over*estimating how hard it would be to find a sparring partner, or even the value of figuring out the combat system a bit with somebody else who doesn't really know it well. Pommfritz is pretty good but still wants to learn, I think. Why don't you ask to spar him.

Think i was expecting KO protection to be a thing that somewhat protects hermits like me from people like you.
So i never left my base with wounds. But turns out when mrage comes to play things get ugly.

And now i need all of these just to survive a single assault in the wilderness:
1. Get around 500 const plus some armor. (and that's okayish part by me)
2. Learn to pvp on a training simulator without actually knowing if it will work or not against player with a way better stats and way more experience. (and not sure if i really want to)
3. Be a programmer to make a viable client for PVPing with autodrink, boundary boxes, fast tree hide and god knows what else, because - good luck to run away on a default client.

Isn't it a bit too much for a hermit lifestyle who just don't want to be slaughtered like a cow in one go?
Anyway, thanks for the numbers.
goldenage

Postby DDDsDD999 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:49 pm

Die noobs die
DDDsDD999

Postby pawnchito » Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:44 pm

I mean this dude comes in here asking for help and right off the bat usual suspects just lambast the man. Kind of why people think this community is toxic AF.

Like other say, run. Be prepared to run ALWAYS. Like have as many flasks as you can or carry a bucket of water if you are truly desperate. Stay away from water, it will kill you and people will drown you. If you have a snekk or knarr remember they can enter your boat and shit on you from the passenger seat. If you are on a pony they can knock you off so be prepared to run.

Never EVER go outside with a constitution guilding of any kind in any slot because that will kill you. A few other gems in here, mostly the answer is be like the buttered up dude in family guy and run.
pawnchito

Postby pawnchito » Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:46 pm

goldenage wrote:2. Learn to pvp on a training simulator without actually knowing if it will work or not against player with a way better stats and way more experience. (and not sure if i really want to)
3. Be a programmer to make a viable client for PVPing with autodrink, boundary boxes, fast tree hide and god knows what else, because - good luck to run away on a default client.

How long have you been playing? Curious to know how fast people realize the biggest disadvantage is the fucking client you play on.
pawnchito

Postby SnuggleSnail » Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:01 pm

Did this rly seem toxic to you? Maybe I'm just used to hanging around more aggressive people...
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby pawnchito » Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:12 pm

Your posts are on point and helpful. Not sure if their is some built up rapport with the op and we are missing an inside joke but as an outsider it just looked like a dude asking for help and a bunch of others using that chance to call them names. I get it when its an established shitposter like shubla or something but this just looks like a noob. Instead of quitting after meeting the current end game boss, he came to the forums and ask how to continue to play. We should encourage that kind of masochist to keep playing.
pawnchito

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?