Funny deaths

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Funny deaths

Postby algam » Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:35 pm

Is the time between the moment a character is no longer considered unconcious and the moment he can move a bit too long or is just my impression?

Have fun of 2 of my alts that died today. They were loyal but not very smart, since they already had experience with dying from leeches or hunger.

1. First one decided to piss off a bear and then, while the bear was doing what bears know best in this game = hitting him, try to enter a cave while mounted.
Of course this was the only time in the last months he had troubles entering the cave while mounted.
And he was knocked unconscious. And then I watched as the bear fought the horse , and they fought and they fought probably until the time came for the character to be able to do something. And he did, he instantly died. No movement, still with birds around his head he just simply died.
I do not know if it is a bug (the bear killed unconscious char while fighting the horse) or it was the time for the character to get up, the bear sensed this and hit him before the animation with the birds had a chance to disappear and the animation of the char getting up to start but of course I did not liked this. A pretty good alt ( by my standards) ruined because I was sure I could enter the cave while the bear fought the horse

2. Second one was smarter. After retrieving the first dead and the cart he returned on foot to retrieve the unconscious horse that was knocked out by the bear.
On his way there he pissed off a boar, while having already some wounds.
Being a weak carpenter that only knew how to make boards decided to swim across a river.
But did not had much luck and the boar knock him out while swimming.
The boar left and my alt decided that he could just swim back to the shore when he wakes up since he still had some stamina.
Unfortunately he started drowning while the birds were singing sweet hymns around his head.
And he died

BTW, the unconcious horse from the first battle was still uncouncious long time after the bear knocked him out. Long time = second char had time (a few minutes) to come mounted to retrieve the cart and the first body, come back again on foot, get killed , third char come mounted with boat, retrieve second body and check on the horse. Somewhere between 10 to 15 minutes. Is this normal?
algam

Re: Funny deaths

Postby WowGain » Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:37 am

Horses KO for something like 12 hours
W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

Postby pawnchito » Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:03 pm

Last world my village mate died making cupboards on her main right before completing the cook credo.
pawnchito

Postby JesusTheAstronaut » Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:01 am

I just died to BumBurn after discovering pepper and thinking I just happened upon the holy grail of FEP. Sat down at my table with my inventory full of freshly peppered food right before getting off for the night. I opened up my character sheet and smiled as my eyes were glued to my stats, happily watching each of them flashing one by one as I shoveled food into my mouth. And then, rather unexpectedly, the words "You are Dead". Had no idea this was even a thing so I sure did feel pretty stupid afterward.
JesusTheAstronaut

Postby vatas » Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:12 am

pawnchito wrote:Last world my village mate died making cupboards on her main right before completing the cook credo.

Starvation I presume. Someone at my w8 village did the same thing when she was building a Stone Tower right after they were implemented and had higher stamina drain to build.

JesusTheAstronaut wrote:I just died to BumBurn after discovering pepper and thinking I just happened upon the holy grail of FEP. Sat down at my table with my inventory full of freshly peppered food right before getting off for the night. I opened up my character sheet and smiled as my eyes were glued to my stats, happily watching each of them flashing one by one as I shoveled food into my mouth. And then, rather unexpectedly, the words "You are Dead". Had no idea this was even a thing so I sure did feel pretty stupid afterward.

Only notification you got was yellow numbers above floating your head (and total counter, also above your character's head, if using custom client.) I guess they can be easy to miss.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Pommfritz » Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:13 pm

JesusTheAstronaut wrote:I just died to BumBurn after discovering pepper and thinking I just happened upon the holy grail of FEP. Sat down at my table with my inventory full of freshly peppered food right before getting off for the night. I opened up my character sheet and smiled as my eyes were glued to my stats, happily watching each of them flashing one by one as I shoveled food into my mouth. And then, rather unexpectedly, the words "You are Dead". Had no idea this was even a thing so I sure did feel pretty stupid afterward.

called it

I doubt you'll be the last xd
Pommfritz

Postby maze » Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:11 am

Died to drowning during lag in world 10, two days later asphyxiation wound was added~ thanks jorb for listening to my constant bitching over the years
WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
maze

Postby vatas » Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:50 pm

maze wrote:Died to drowning during lag in world 10, two days later asphyxiation wound was added~ thanks jorb for listening to my constant bitching over the years

The only time I was in a serious village during Legacy, I heard someone tell how in previous world they swam for flotsam but had forgotten they had just spent all their stamina walking across swamp. One of the top characters of the server at the time, drowned in an instant when stamina ran out.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Return to How do I?