Making a pipe wheeze elixir?

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Making a pipe wheeze elixir?

Postby LtTurtleshot » Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:13 am

I know of three ingredients to make a pipe wheeze elixir, but I have no idea how to use them? I tried making an elixir and all I got was 150 damage of chilling nausea when none of those effects are in them according to wiki.
LtTurtleshot

Re: Making a pipe wheeze elixir?

Postby vatas » Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:27 pm

The negative alchemy wounds are result of mismatching alchemical attributes on ingredients used.

The order you put in the ingredients matters.

Combining Stinging Nettle with Flint (moved the flint, not sure if it makes the order flint->nettle or nettle->flint) resulted in this:
According to Wiki, Maddening Rash gives -10 AGI penalty and heals one point per hour. May or may not be worth it.

Tried with the flint and Waybroad (these three are only ingredients listed with Pipe Wheeze attribute in wiki.) It heals the same amount of Pipe Wheeze but gives Rot Gut instead, which only heals one point every ~24 hours.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby LtTurtleshot » Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:13 pm

So I basically have to isolate the properties I need through the different processes?
LtTurtleshot

Postby vatas » Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:16 pm

LtTurtleshot wrote:So I basically have to isolate the properties I need through the different processes?

If you want to create an elixir that gives no wound or gives minimal amount of it, yes.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby Sevenless » Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:49 pm

LtTurtleshot wrote:So I basically have to isolate the properties I need through the different processes?

Key is to finding "surface" properties of ingredients and then distilling them. 2 distilled properties + herb with two different matching properties in a distill is the most cost effective way to make a potion that minimizes damage. After that you aim for rashes or chills since those heal quickly. Each property has an order, 1>4. Distilling takes the top property of two ingredients.

Honestly, it's late enough in the world that I don't mind giving this out. Everything is scrambling again next world anyway.

This was from early world, some of these properties may be shuffled. But here's the master list of useful potions I was using after ~1300 combinations of alchemy to discover properties and orders. Do note: this was before hidden wound conversions were made visible, some of them may be nasty without me having a way to know back then. IIRC, one of my potions healed 40pts of lacerations into 40pts of nerve damage. Zodd did not love me for that discovery.

Also note: healing speeds vary per wound. Nerve damage is 1/day, iirc pipewheeze was 10/day.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby ZoddAlmighty » Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:54 pm

Sevenless wrote:. Zodd did not love me for that discovery.

That is a lie, I still fondly reminisce about being a guinea piglet.
ZoddAlmighty

Return to How do I?