Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP)

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP)

Postby shubla » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:16 pm

Maybe mention about KO mechanics for example that getting KO'd on a boat in deep water is dangerous.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby TheServant » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:30 pm

Thank you, solid work!
TheServant

Postby Archiplex » Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:33 pm

surprised not to see cleave in the pve, i usually used that instead of full circle early on to go for one-shots when full circle didn't do enough (qb -> opp -> cleave)

also, dungeon strat section as well maybe? storm of swords with a team is a lifesaver to learn

also is dash just considered bad or
the proliferation of automation is the rot of this game, with the next worst thing being the filth that plays it (you, probably.)

W7 - Hermit
W8 - Co-LS of R'lyeh, Owner of the Hermitarium Knowledge Group
W9 - LS of Niflheim
W11 - Hermitage (named Niflheim)
W12 - Hermit -> some rando ass village i forgot the name of that i joined
W10,13-15 - N/A
Archiplex

Postby DDDsDD999 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:07 am

Archiplex wrote:surprised not to see cleave in the pve, i usually used that instead of full circle early on to go for one-shots when full circle didn't do enough (qb -> opp -> cleave)

also, dungeon strat section as well maybe? storm of swords with a team is a lifesaver to learn

also is dash just considered bad or

Cleave in PVE is fine, wanted to keep to the simple spammable moves though.

Maybe I should, but I didn't wanna take away discovering the FUN of dungeons and gathering the bois together. If dungeons were critical for progression I'd feel obligated to cover them though.

I think dash sucks in PVP because you always want to be lowering your highest color, and all the meta decks raise at least 2 colors. The full opening clear isn't that good either. It's useful for killing trolls where you need to clear all your openings to not get one shot though.
DDDsDD999

Postby telum12 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:50 am

shubla wrote:Maybe mention about KO mechanics for example that getting KO'd on a boat in deep water is dangerous.

Maybe read the guide before posting suggestions. Can you make one good post shubla pls
MagicManICT wrote:To me, being called a pedo is exactly like being called gay.

Jalpha wrote:She must have been in heat bro. She was literally fanging for it. Literally posting repeatedly in chat, in all caps "DO IT! POST YOUR DICK! THERE'S NO WAY IT'S 7 INCHES!"

How could any hot-blooded male deny such a request under the circumstances.
telum12

Postby Pommfritz » Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:42 pm

I learned a few important things actually :D good guide.
One thing I tested tho was that soft ac is worth much much less than hard ac. I couldn't figure out how the exact calculation works so I just went by comparing ac values for steel plate vs mammoth guard and dragon helm vs troll helm.
the only time the full value of your soft ac is taken would be when you get a big cleave and the damage goes above a certain number. but mostly with medium or low cleaves soft ac is way less effective.
for example same quality dragon helm should be sligthly better than a troll helm
and iirc q200ish steel chest should be better than q280 mammoth guard (I think this test had similiar total ac values).
I can look up exactly what and how I tested if you want to but hard ac >>>> soft ac was the outcome

edit: I think I can only say that hard ac is way more important than soft ac in general but you shouldn't quote me on exact numbers since idk how accurate my tests were anymore xd
Pommfritz

Postby axus » Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:18 pm

I like it, thanks for adding the PvE section. Kind of confirms things I already read, with good detail.
axus

Postby mvgulik » Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:15 pm

A lot to read up on, as general none PVE'er. ... if I can put farming and other household chores on pause. :|
mvgulik

Postby Agame » Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:02 pm

Years ago, I remember it was a guide somewhere telling people rough estimates about what to fight without cheesing at what stats. Can anyone point me to it?
Vigilance wrote:just remove midgets, they suck ass and serve no function besides annoying people.

As a rule of thumb, everything that makes life easyer and less boring/grinding for players is a great idea. Everything that makes the game harder is crap coming from sadistic tendencies of Jorbtar helped by the few players with the same kind of disorders.
Agame

Postby vatas » Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:19 pm

Agame wrote:Years ago, I remember it was a guide somewhere telling people rough estimates about what to fight without cheesing at what stats. Can anyone point me to it?

One dirty trick for Wildhorse would be to use clover and ride it inside a burrow or house, it can't go outside on it's own. Cave might work too, depending on it's size and number of junctions, and whether or not the horse AI can get stuck in cave corners like bats often seem to do. Main reason to bother with this would be the ability to spitroast the WiIldhorse for pure AGI meat, but it's decent at best with 1.88 FEP/hunger (q10/sizzling).
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?