Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong)

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong)

Postby SnuggleSnail » Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:45 pm

LP gained while they're in your study at a 1:1 rate. Keep in mind you can't reclaim your bond if your authority is too low, so the only time it's really unsafe to have it with you outside is when it doesn't have much authority, and you can't afford to manually raise the authority of the claim by feeding LP into it.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby valeriesusanne » Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:17 pm

Got it, thanks! :)
"He doesn't understand. Explain as you would a child." General Roth'h'ar Sarris
valeriesusanne

Postby vatas » Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:18 pm

I'm fully aware that you're talking about Presence of Private Claims, but would like to add that Village Claim equivalent, Authority is also raised by gaining LP from any source (by any character oathed to the village), but instead of 1:1 ratio, amount is considered to be modified by Intelligence and Charisma attributes. Note that I'm not aware of any testing to actually verify this.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Nightdawg » Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:07 pm

vatas wrote:I'm fully aware that you're talking about Presence of Private Claims, but would like to add that Village Claim equivalent, Authority is also raised by gaining LP from any source (by any character oathed to the village), but instead of 1:1 ratio, amount is considered to be modified by Intelligence and Charisma attributes. Note that I'm not aware of any testing to actually verify this.

This is correct, and iirc the formula is somewhere on the wiki, and last time I tested it, it checked out.
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby vatas » Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:25 pm

Nightdawg wrote:
vatas wrote:I'm fully aware that you're talking about Presence of Private Claims, but would like to add that Village Claim equivalent, Authority is also raised by gaining LP from any source (by any character oathed to the village), but instead of 1:1 ratio, amount is considered to be modified by Intelligence and Charisma attributes. Note that I'm not aware of any testing to actually verify this.

This is correct, and iirc the formula is somewhere on the wiki, and last time I tested it, it checked out.

https://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Authority

Turns out it's Charisma and Lore.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Nightdawg » Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:29 pm

vatas wrote:Turns out it's Charisma and Lore.

Jorb sent the new formula : Authority = LP * sqrt (CHA * LORE) / 10), where "LP" is "base LP gain" (100% learning ability, not 360%). (30 April 2021)

God I wish they'd document shit rather than "haha go figure out what we ninja add/change retards". Someone had to PM them lmao.

But I digress, yeah, I guess I last checked it in 2020.
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby vatas » Wed May 11, 2022 1:35 pm

In most cases, you should never broadcast your base location.

However if you absolutely have to, you need to wait for the claim to reach 100% power level, otherwise your fresh claim can get rammed almost immediately.

vatas

Postby Baba_Ji » Mon May 16, 2022 3:19 am

vatas wrote:In most cases, you should never broadcast your base location.

However if you absolutely have to, you need to wait for the claim to reach 100% power level, otherwise your fresh claim can get rammed almost immediately.

Added that to the original post. it was so stupid and obvious that I almost didn't, but in the end, that's kinda everything else on the list and it happens regularly enough so it probably belongs there.
Baba_Ji

Postby Arbys » Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:05 pm

I'm gonna bump this for the 3 hour downtime to the new world.
Arbys

Postby TheServant » Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:17 pm

Arbys wrote:I'm gonna bump this for the 3 hour downtime to the new world.

Thanks, i was about to PM dakkan looking for this thread
TheServant

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?