Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong)

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong)

Postby DDDsDD999 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:09 am

Good thread. Next time someone complains in discord about getting sieged in the night, I'll call them a number 7 and not link this thread. Then they get angry and ask what that means and then I say man, that's such a number 7 thing to say.
DDDsDD999

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:30 am

Player_Population wrote:I've added a TL;DR with the essence of each point, however none of these are common sense based on the depressingly hilarious high volume of screenshots and number of corpses I see Snail and Company hauling in daily like crab fishermen in the Bering Sprucecap Straits.

It's you're guide. You do what you think is best, and if you think it's needed, keep it. I'm probably just jaded from too many years of playing open PvP games.

Good job on it, for sure.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby noindyfikator » Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:24 am

Point 4 is very good. After I've raided this poor guy, he added locks to gates. Lesson learned.
W3 - W10 - Hermit / small plots with spruces
W11 - The Friend Zone
W12 - KoA aka Kingdom of Ashes
W13 - Monke
W14 - Alpaca Farm aka Animal Planet
W15 - Whatever Bay - The Greatest Siege Defense Victory in Haven History - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhyUveSeZ0Q
noindyfikator

Postby SnuggleSnail » Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:43 pm

Gargot wrote:Can you explain or make simply picture about safepali design? I dont understand this term and i play 2-3 worlds of heaven. I did only airlock system with normal gate. Visitor gate prevent fights inside airlock with tougher animals or wolf packs and its easy for me and friends to not let them escape etc

This isn't the safepali design I would use, but if you're not rly sure what you're doing just use this. Only give people keys if you're confident they're not retards that will get KOed with keys without replacing locks/telling everybody.

I would not recommend ever being able to get to the core of your village through just normal gates. Even if you're 100% confident you won't mess up and fully understand the mechanics it's good to have a design that makes it clear you've been bug raided if it ever happens.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby Nightdawg » Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:46 pm

Here's a random photo I found (there's also room for a house inside) if you need more visualisation

if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby Gargot » Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:06 pm

Yeah looks like merged airlock with normal gates + additional tunnel for visitor gate but whats the point for fence near visitor gate? You get a debuff if you pass the gate so you cant attack the fence or its simply blokade to not let pass others in right time?
Im experienced spruce cap, I died once on server tick between winter/spring time in middle of lake on my horse far from land and my friends cant stop laugh about my death and any more pvp mechanism, deep tactic is new for me. So any more details i will appreciate.
Gargot

Postby lordgrunt » Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:38 pm

If you accidentally close vgate, having only slave key you won't open it. With fence gate those vgates can be open nonstop, because with vdebuff, you cant either open or break fence gate. Logically, you dont even need slave pali Keys, except for non-vgates at the airlock
lordgrunt

Postby Gargot » Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:07 pm

I understand this mechanic with debuff and gates but whats the point for normal user? 99% of time Im leaving my village by opening and closing the gate(with small airlock or bigger area with additional visitor gate) and if i want to return i just simply hs to my heartfire near some kind dropzone if i carry cart with animals etc. In early stages i use airlock area to fight animals by closing normal gate but animals can pass visitor gate and i need to pay attention to close them too. If i want carry 1 slave key only to be able leave and enter normal gate i need additional guy with visitor gate key to close them to seal "primitive arena". Animals can break fence in no time so they can easly run away.
I know some people use few village or base but i live in 1 village and used once visitor in mine levels near minehole but it was a bit messy when some worms attacked me and i couldnt run away 1 level up/down
Gargot

Postby telum12 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:19 pm

Gargot wrote:I understand this mechanic with debuff and gates but whats the point for normal user? 99% of time Im leaving my village by opening and closing the gate(with small airlock or bigger area with additional visitor gate) and if i want to return i just simply hs to my heartfire near some kind dropzone if i carry cart with animals etc. In early stages i use airlock area to fight animals by closing normal gate but animals can pass visitor gate and i need to pay attention to close them too. If i want carry 1 slave key only to be able leave and enter normal gate i need additional guy with visitor gate key to close them to seal "primitive arena". Animals can break fence in no time so they can easly run away.
I know some people use few village or base but i live in 1 village and used once visitor in mine levels near minehole but it was a bit messy when some worms attacked me and i couldnt run away 1 level up/down

The house breaks aggro.

It’s really unclear what you’re trying to articulate.
MagicManICT wrote:To me, being called a pedo is exactly like being called gay.

Jalpha wrote:She must have been in heat bro. She was literally fanging for it. Literally posting repeatedly in chat, in all caps "DO IT! POST YOUR DICK! THERE'S NO WAY IT'S 7 INCHES!"

How could any hot-blooded male deny such a request under the circumstances.
telum12

Postby Gargot » Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:39 pm

I want only to know whats purpose of this fence gate Image behind visitor gate
Gargot

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?